Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Title: "Marvel-WKRP Crossover"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Ice (Dirk), CC7 (Diet 7-up and Canadian Club - Otto)
- Introductory whatnot and FaceSpace deals for Likers.
- Does The Walking Dead stars spotted at an accident scene reveal who survived the stupid cliffhanger?
- Does Otto's encounter with Michael Cudlitz indicate Abraham's fate?
- Referenced: The movie Sleeping Beauty's trailer:
- Otto's quick thoughts on the first half of the 2nd season of Suck the Sucking Suck.
- After making a big noisy mess of their "no whites wanted" casting for their terrible Nancy Drew show, CBS doesn't pick up Drew for "skewing too female."
- Agent Carter is cancelled. BOOOOO!!!! Also, the Bobbie and Hunter spinoff, Marvel's Most Wanted, wasn't picked up.
- Thoughts about the conclusion of S3 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Referenced: The tank top shot of Chloe Bennet:
...and her Goth Chinese look at the end...
...and the Jimmy Kimmel story about her father encountering Paul Rudd:
- Viceroy of Comics Otto explains what the rumored Damage Control series could be.
- Kevin Smith in talks to do a TV series of The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai. Hear him talk about it here. The very weird trailer for the original:
The club scene referred to:
- Fact Check: Dirk was thinking of Michael Park from Red State.
- Netflix exclusivity of all future Disney/Pixar/Marvel/Lucasfilm movies coming soon.
- First Music Break: The Raspberries, "Go All The Way"
- Thoughts on Memorial Day.
- Discussion of the Game of Thrones episode, "The Door," and how the show is roaring along since it has bypassed where the books are.
- Referenced: The Maisie Williams cover photo:
...and the one of Faye Marsay, the Waif:
- Related story about real vs. digitally-created nudity.
- Referenced: The Screen Rant video catching the Malisandre necklace error. (Cued up)
- Supergirl is moving to the CW and a four-show crossover with Arrow, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow has been announced.
- Wrapup of The Flash S3. The Emergency Awesome finale video referenced.
- Wrapup of Arrow S4 and the terrible finale.
- Referenced: The NCIS scene with two people typing on one keyboard and the classic "Enhance" trope.
- TV Flash star Tom Cavanagh (Harrison Wells) gripes about Grant Gustin not being considered for the DC Murderverse movie version.
- Second Music Break: Snoop Dogg (feat Lady of Rage and RBX), "Batman & Robin"
- Our full-spoilers discussion of Captain America: Civil War.
- Referenced: The Cinema Sins Sinscast podcast review dissing it for not killing characters and io9's Postal Apocalypse knocking down that foolishness.
- The IMDB page for Kerry Condon, the voice of F.R.I.D.A.Y.
- How the airport battle was almost totally CGI.
- That time when both Quicksilvers co-starred in Kick-Ass.
- Third Music Break: Veruca Salt, "Spiderman '79"
- From the "DUH!!!" Files: Marvel honcho Kevin Feige says the Black Panther standalone film's cast will be 90% black.
- Shane Black says he wanted a female villain for Iron Man 3, but Marvel rejected the idea.
- The Thor Ragnarok casting is getting more intriguing.
- Shakeup in the DC Murderverse hierarchy.
- Dirk wasn't kidding. No explanation here.
- io9 - "Every Major Revelation in DC Comics' Rebirth Special"
- The Twitter SJW hashtag warriors want Captain America to have a boyfriend because we're not allowed to have fun anymore. Oh, Cap is a Hydra agent now, too.
- The Mako Mori Test.
- Referenced: Scriptnotes #251 - "They Won't Even Read You" transcript.
- The Star Trek Axanar fan film is out of legal jeopardy.
- Movie trailers discussed:
- Referenced: Cinemassacre, "Ghostbusters 2016. No review. I refuse."
- June 2016 Xbox Games with Gold titles.
- Doom and Uncharted 4 are getting great reviews.
- Referenced: Watch Mojo, "Top 10 Video Games That Suffered from Rushed Development"
- EA admits they shipped Star Wars Battlefront half-finished.
- Tragically Hip singer Gord Downie has terminal brain cancer.
- Eagles of Death Metal uninvited from French music festivals because he hurt the feels of those who slaughtered 90 people at his concert.
- RIP: Renowned comic book writer-artist Darwyn Cooke; original Beastie Boys guitarist John Berry.
- Vanessa Hudgens fined $1000 for being a vandal.
- The Bluetooth tampon is a thing.
- The Rock has an alarm clock app.
- Cool "one-take" music video by Di-rect & Wibi Soerjadi “Blind for you”
- Star Wars propaganda posters.
- Hilarious Leafy Was Here video slagging a terrible music video. (Cued up to the relevant part.)
- Salma Hayek & Susan Sarandon argue over boob size on Instagram.
- Guns Replaced With Selfie Sticks.