Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Title: "Radio Blah Blah Blah"
- Tonight's Beverage: Okocim (Polish beer)
- Android KitKat, the Nexus 5 and the Moto G. The benefits of the Nexus line and going pre-paid rather than signing contracts for cell service. (Dirk uses Straight Talk.)
- The Playstation 4 launch. (Ars Technica's review)
- Clutch Cargo's closing.
- The new Humble Store.
- WDIV reporter drops F-bomb and blows up the Internet.
- Special Guest: Bob Koski returns for more discussion of Detroit radio.
- Extensive discussion of Doug Podell - longtime Detroit radio DJ and PD (Bob's view)-slash-evil d-bag (Dirk's view) - and Dirk's complicated history with him.
- The insanity of demographics-driven radio programing and how the companies will screw everything up for no rational reason.
- Dirk's encounters with celebrities while delivering flowers.
- How do arrogant decisions happen even after focus group testing?
- The favoritism shown Drew and Mike.
- A game giveaway.
- A listener calls in to discuss the shallowness of radio due to consultants.
- Why local music gets ghettoized to nights and weekends when it gets played at all.
- Why long songs like "Free Bird" and "Kashmir" became FM radio staples.
- Why doesn't anyone try free-form radio again?
- How The Bruiser Band came up with parodies.
Post a Comment