Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Titles: "Because Reasons" or "Aqua Net Metal, Aqua Net Goth"
- Tonight's Beverages: Diet Mountain Dew, water (Dirk); Diet Mountain Dew and Jim Beam (Otto).
- Metal legs chick!
- We suspect the end of this clip isn't from the actual movie:
- Hearse Fest in Hell report. Shoutout to Graven Images Metalworks.
- A discussion about the continuing whiny noises surrounding U2's free album sidetracks into a discussion about The Cure's career. (Because reasons.)
- Bono commits vandalism at 1:40. Wotta guy.
- The new iPhone commercial with Bono. (No, not really.)
- Discussion of The Fappening 2.0 - the second major onslaught of leaked celebrity photos. Here's the SFW Silver Linings Playbook one discussed:
- The proper pronunciation of "Zucker" as in the makers of Airplane. The Scriptnotes podcast discussing Ghost is here.
- Why is Hope Solo still playing and have her Nike deal when NFL players are getting sacked for their violence?
- "It's 2014: Why Are Men Still Paying For First Dates?" Yeah, really?
- About Alison Pill's topless tweet. (Correction: Apparently she and Jay Baruchel called off their engagement.)
- Emma Watson’s dumb UN speech and Time hack Charlotte Alter's “Emma Watson Asked Men to Support Women And Here’s How They Responded.” (After we taped this show - literally a few hours later - the site was revealed to be a total hoax.)
- Colin Ferrell and Vince Vaughn announced for True Detective S2; SJWs soil themselves.
- Article about the audio technology used for the terrific "David Bowie Is..." exhibit running in Chicago through January 4, 2015. Definitely catch it if you can.
- Talk about Robert Rodriguez's The Director's Chair series interview with Quentin Tarantino with some cool anecdotes.
- Why the next Star Trek movie could become a non-starter.
- Where the Tumbler is hidden on the Millennium Falcon:
- Dirk reviews Godzilla (2014) and Downloaded, a documentary about Napster. Otto finally saw Silver Linings Playbook and we discuss actors too handsome to be taken seriously as actors.
- We debate the premiere episode of Gotham (or as Dirk calls it, Baby Batman Villains).
- The good, brief primer of what GamerGate is about:
- Video on the total BS of thunderf00t's Twitter account being suspended for "abuse":
- Milo Yiannopoulos of Brietbart London reports on the GameJournoPros mailing list which coordinated the unified handling of GamerGate; the full list if its members; and how Ben Kuchera of Polygon repeatedly smears people whom he disagrees with politically.
- The Snopes debunk on the NFL or NBA lie meme.
- "Which office do I go to to get my reputation back?" - Former Labor secretary Raymond Donovan after being acquitted of fraud charges in 1987.
- Correct quote: “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.” ― William F. Buckley Jr.
- Fareed Zakaria's serial plagarism covered up by media.
- Dirk's problems with forum double-standards.
- Titan, the next-gen MMORPG by Blizzard, is cancelled after 7 years in development.
- Ex-SNL star Darrell Hammond announced as the late Don Pardo's replacement.
- Joan Rivers Facebooks about the iPhone 6 a week after her death.
- RIP Polly Bergen.
- Why Hamtramck and Highland Park exist as enclaves within Detroit.
Post a Comment