Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Titles: "Hunky Mandingo Jimmy Olsen" or "Laying A Licking On Her" or "I'll Eat It, But I'm Not Going To Enjoy It"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Ice (Dirk); Ottopilot (Otto).
- We start with a spontaneous debate on late-Seventies roller disco movies.
- Introducing ourselves to those discovering us at our new time slot.
- Mop-up from last week's show.
- "Mattress Girl" has made an "artistic sex tape" (which her mother calls a "performance piece" - SODH) and Milo Yiannopoulos is not impressed.
- Oh look, Miley Cyrus is getting naked again. Color us so shocked.
- First Music Break: My Chemical Romance, "I'm Not OK (I Promise)"
- Marvel TV series news about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Jessica Jones and Daredevil, with Jon Bernthal (Shane from The Walking Dead) joining as The Punisher. Viceroy of Comics Otto explains who The Punisher is.
- Who should play Elektra in the Daredevil series and are they risking a too many villains Spider-Man 3 scenario?
- Why Netflix's Between airs weekly instead of the traditional season binge dump.
- Concerns about the upcoming NXNE festival.
- How Orphan Black has pulled out of its slump.
- Variety: "‘Orphan Black': Meet Kathryn Alexandre, Tatiana Maslany’s Acting Clone." This article has a good video showing them working together.
- Wikipedia on the show Action. FACT CHECK: Illeana Douglas' character was a former child actress whose career tanked during her teen years due to a nasty coke habit, and she is now a high priced call girl. Through circumstance, she is named Vice President of Production at Dragonfire Films.
- Dirk mulls over the the new Netflix series Sense8.
- The referenced Honest Movie Trailer for Jupiter Ascending:
- Referenced interview with J. Michael Straczynski about Sense8.
- Trailer for the referenced The Opposite of Sex - shot with a 17-year-old Christina Ricci - which doesn't hide the gay aspects, but really downplays them:
- Pretty much all the great Patrick Stewart bits from Jeffrey (1995; a bit later than Dirk thought):
- Second Music Break: Futureheads, "Decent Days & Nights"
- The VCPR sketches (1h 43m) from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and the commercials (37m) referenced.
- XTC, "That's Really Super, Supergirl", which we didn't have for our discussion. D'oh.
- Dirk & Otto review and debate the leaked Supergirl pilot.
- Dirk's IGN DVD review of The Devil Wears Prada. (Many changes in the system there have reformatted old content into a paragraph-breakless mess.) The blue sweater beatdown scene referenced:
- The pilot for Amazon's The Man in the High Castle. (Amazon Prime required.)
- Third Music Break: Sahara Hot Nights, "Hot Night Crash"
- The end of Michigan's corporate welfare for Hollywood (i.e. film incentives/tax rebates) is nigh.
- Movie trailers for Mockingjay: Part 2 and The Martian are discussed.
A web bonus introducing the crew in character:
- The Adr1ft E3 trailer referenced:
- Fourth Music Break: Sugarcult, "Memories"
- Dirk reviews Kingsmen: The Secret Service and After Porn Ends.
- Fact Check: Black porn aficionado John Sinclair did manage the MC5.
- Twitter is facilitating blocklist sharing and Reddit is shutting down subs; Fortune's take.
- The referenced books about the threats to free speech (affiliate links):
- Joyce Carol Oates decries dinosaur hunting. Hilarity ensues.
- Gallery of notable film nudity.