Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Title: "Alcohol: Nothing But Fun, No Downside"
- Tonight's Beverages: Okocim beer (Dirk); Ottopilot (Otto).
- Saluting our new FaceSpace Liker and listing the free/discount goodies.
- McDonald's will start serving breakfast items anytime!
- Jared Fogle is no longer the Subway spokesman. Because he's a sex freak pervert.
- Meet the electronics-sniffing dog that brought him down.
- Referenced: The freaky Quiznos spongmoneys ad.
- The CEO of cheating site Ashley Madison steps down after the hack. And he was cheating.
- Recapping the MTV VMAs, which we didn't watch and we're not going to bother linking to stories about. Use Google for this block.
- Referenced: Who wore it better - Kim Kardashian or Penquin?
- Taylor Swift, Kanye West and Dirk's theory of T.Swizzle's limitless power.
- Referenced: Dirk's review of Idiocracy.
- SJWs say Taylor Swift's new video is RAAAAAAACIST because of course.
- First Music Break: Queen, "Dead On Time"
- Under The Dome cancelled after three seasons, which is three seasons too late.
- Dirk discusses Garfunkel and Oates, the TV series starring the the comedy duo.
- The whole season of Denis Leary's Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll triggers discussion of Dirk and Otto's past musical adventures.
- The 2nd episode of Fear the Walking Dead doesn't impress us, so we try to fix it.
- Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger are splitting. Try to be strong.
- Referenced: Run-DMC, "You Be Illin'"
- Second Music Break: Queen, "If You Can't Beat Them"
- Discussing the passing of legendary horror filmmaker Wes Craven. The referenced Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back scene:
- Wayne Dyer RIP.
- Chrissie Hynde's controversial comments about rape.
- Referenced: The Hacienda calendar:
- Sexist Star Wars armor leads to discussion of fringe Expanded Universe characters.
- Dirk reviews Don't Stop Believin': Everyman's Journey and the discussion becomes contentious as to whether Journey needs to drop dead or not.
- Fact Check: The Arts, Beats & Eats Festival charges $3, $5 after 3 pm, and divvies proceeds, ".25 to Arts Advocacy, .25 to the City of Royal Oak, and 50% of the remaining admission fees to 13 local charities after gating costs....To date, over $4.5 million raised by the Arts, Beats & Eats Foundation has been donated to charity."
- Referenced: Steve Perry's surprise appearance with Eels in May 2014:
- Dirk reviews Violent & Daisy.
- Third Music Break: Queen, "Leaving Home Ain't Easy"
- Otto reviews the first half of Narcos on Netflix.
- Netflix loses another chunk of its meager movie offerings and Dirk explains just how slim the pickings are, though things are going to get crazy better in 2016 in one department.
- Fact Check: ScarJo's only Netflix offerings were Chef, Don Jon and Scoop. Melissa McCarthy's other movies are The Third Wheel and Pretty Ugly People. (Us neither.)
- We talk about some DVDs Dirk lent Otto and how Zoolander erased the World Trade Center.
- You can now download some movies and shows from Amazon Prime Video to your device.
- The author of a new James Bond novel slipped up and said Idris Elba would be "too street" to play Bond causing a hack from The Verge to spew a predictably outraged rant. Meanwhile, Elba dealt with it like the suave mofo he is.
- Fourth Music Break: Queen, "Let Me Entertain You"
- Movie trailers passingly mentioned:
- Google has changed its logo and this explains why people dislike it. Backstory on their reorganizing themselves into a new entity called Alphabet.
- Dirk has ordered a OnePlus Two. The referenced Android Police review and Marques Brownlee's review.
- Dirk rattles off what's in DIRKALINE®, his new computer.
- Disney icon Dean Jones RIP.
Post a Comment