Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Titles: "Love In The Purple Kingdom" or "Nobody Wants To Look At Your Grandma Ass!"
- Tonight's Beverages: Okocim beer (Dirk, Otto and Bob)
- Bob "I'm Gonna Kill Somebody" Koski drops by for the first segment.
- Mop-up of previous episode's lingering questions which were in #123's show notes.
- Referenced: Cool It: The Skeptical Environmentalist's Guide to Global Warming (affiliate link)
- Lenny Waronker's reminiscence of Prince's signing.
- Referenced: The Lemmy documentary. (Netflix link.)
- Prince died without leaving a will and was seeking rehab when he died.
- The Onion: "Disappointing Prince Vaults Found To Contain 37,000 Hours Of Billy Joel Covers"
- Bob presents Dirk and Otto with belated anniversary presents:
- Met Gala outfits like Claire Danes snazzy fiber optic gown,
Emma Stone high slit number,
Taylor Swift's dark emo lip,
and Madonna's dumb thing:
- Fact Check: Krysten Ritter is NOT pregnant!
- First Music Break: Kawehi, "70s MASHUP done 80s style with a side of Gaga"
- Referenced: How Star Wars Conquered the Universe: The Past, Present, and Future of a Multibillion Dollar Franchise (affiliate link)
- Otto finally saw Batman v Superman and we kick it around.
- Referenced: Ice Cube, "Summer Vacation"
- Referenced: Harvey Birdman - The Multiculture Pals!
- Fact Check: Iris on The Flash is played by Candice Patton and she's purdy:
- The Flash feature loses its director.
- Referenced: The Primitives, "Crash"
- Second Music Break: Transvision Vamp, "I Don't Care"
- Teasing next week's planned visit from Ming Chen and Mike Zapcic from Comic Book Men.
- We give our spoiler-free initial impressions of Captain America: Civil War.
- Referenced: The roundtable spoiler-free Civil War review Dirk mentioned...
...and the Russo Brothers' reaction to the Honest Trailer for Captain America: The Winter Soldier:
- Third Music Break: Transvision Vamp, "The Only One"
- Alicia Vikander is the new Lara Croft.
- Referenced: The intense final scene of Tomb Raider: Legend:
- Karl Urban is open to making Dredd 2 for Netflix or Amazon.
- The Do-Over trailer:
- The first trailer for Batman: The Killing Joke:
- Daily Beast: "Why Marvel Is Crushing DC in the Comic Book Movie War"
- Fox is skipping Comic-Con, citing piracy, and Mundane Matt calls BS on it.
- Ars Technica: "The throwaway line in Aliens that spawned decades of confusion" (about "xenomorph").
- The Shallows trailer:
- Referenced: The bad CGI of Deep Blue Sea:
- Referenced: Dirk's DVD review for Open Water.
- Dirk reviews the Blu-ray of Xanadu, which we covered in Episode #98 - "The Greatest Terrible Movie Ever". Buy it here. (Affiliate link)
- Fourth Music Break: Transvision Vamp, "Landslide of Love"
- 24: Legacy has been ordered to series.
- The new streaming-only Star Trek series will debut in Jan. 2017 and release one episode per week.
- Supergirl may get its budget cut and moved to the CW to save it from outright cancellation.(UPDATE: It did.)
- Person of Interest is back for the final season and the producers say Mark Zuckerberg is the villain.
- Turner Classic Movies and Criterion Collection announce a new streaming service called Filmstruck.
- Marvel-Netflix's Jessica Jones won a Peabody Award and The Punisher series is officially a go.
- Orphan Black S4 has started and Dirk has some comments. (The site with shooting locations he referenced.)
- Game of Thrones is back, too.
- Postcards From Google Earth.
hilariousterrifying workplace safety videos.
- Sad/Rabid Puppies candidates nominated for Hugo Awards again.
- Comedian Steven Crowder's awesome smackdown of disruptive SJW snowflakes protesting an appearance by Milo Yiannopoulos and Christina Hoff Summers.
- Canuckian rocker Bif Naked has an autobiography coming.
- The funny vidyas mentioned at the end of the show:
Post a Comment