Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Titles: "The Huggy Bear of NCIS: Hamtramck" or "Dance Floor In Your Bomb Shelter"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt's Blue (Dirk & Bob); Autopilot (Otto)
- Third Most Cultural Vulture, Bob "I'm Gonna Kill Somebody" Koski, makes his Podcast Detroit debut.
- The latest free stuff that our FaceSpace Likers and Twitter followers got and mop-up from the previous episode.
- Dark Matter cancelled after three seasons. Efforts to save it are afoot.
- Referenced: Melissa O'Neill, who's like Chloe Bennet (half-Chinese, singer, works in sci-fi TV) except not crying "RACISM!":
- Dumb Nerdophiles piece praising punishment of white actors and how the failure of Detroit was due to Kathryn Bigelow being white.
- Trivia about and Dirk's brief review of Twin Peaks: The Return.
- First Music Break: Joe Jackson, "Reelin' In The Years"
- Bob expounds on the life and passing of Walter Becker of Steely Dan.
- The Nerdwriter video about the composition of "Deacon Blues":
- Referenced: The Hard Times - "Arcade Fire to Lay Off 400 Non-Essential Members by 2018"
- Dirk's cool reaction to the new St. Vincent songs, including the lead-off single, "New York."
- Also on the lackluster music tip, an (not the) Official Girlfriend of the Culture Vultures (and Ultimate Evil in the Universe), Taylor Swift, has dropped her first splashy video and Dirk isn't enthused about that either:
- Referenced: Quarterflash, "Take Another Picture" (live in 1983- end sax solo is cut off):
- Referenced: Taylor Swift, "Bad Blood":
- Announcement that this week's Tinfoil Swan - normally an exclusive to our Patreon supporters - will be FREE FOR ALL!
- Second Music Break: Kyle Gass Band, "Reelin' In The Years"
- Tove Lo's new song "Disco Tits" is pants, but here she is showing her boobs live. (NSFW!)
- Referenced: The Taylor Swift "Look What You Made Me Do" remix featuring Britney Spears' "Toxic" by Andy Wu:
- Kid Rock's stand opening the new Arena Arena is declared a hate crime by a race-warring Detroit Free Press hack and the readers pushed back.
- The director of The Accountant (Ben Affleck autistic assassin flick), Gavin O'Connor, has been named director of Suicide Squad 2.
- Colin Trevarrow (Jurassic World) has been booted from directing Star Wars Episode IX.
- Referenced: Peter Dinklage fronted a punk band named Whizzy and the SNL "Mafia Meeting" sketch, better known as "Space Pants":
- An announcement of upcoming show schedule that ended up not happening.
- Also unemployed is Shia LeBeouf, who will not be in Indiana Jones V.
- The new 4K UHD BD of Blade Runner reportedly has a terrific transfer, but they've recycled old, inferior BDs and DVDs in the package.
- Random Referenced: Five nurses suspended for looking at a dead man's junk.
- The Honest Trailer for Kong: Skull Island and the article referenced at the end, and the tweet storm that started it all:
- The notorious Peter Frampton-Bee Gees movie version of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is coming to Blu-ray. Yay?
- A photographer took before/after pictures of locations in old postcards.
- EXCESS COFFEE IS NOW GOOD FOR YOU!!!! AWESOME!!!!
- Dumbass anarchist rioter who got shot in the junk by a tear gas canister is busted after doing a Reddit Ask Me Anything.
TINFOIL SWAN Episode #4-157 Show Notes (normally exclusively for our Patreon supporters, this one is FREE FOR ALL, so go cherkitert at the link!):
- We talk about the massive debacle of the Fyre Festival - an alleged music festival on a private island with big social media stars and more - whose collapse was being documented in real time on that same social media. The talent producer revealed she could tell it wasn't going to work. Workers weren't paid. Vanity Fair's autopsy, the pitch deck, and how Instagram made and broke it.
- Dirk tells about the origins of ICP back before they were clowns as a lead in to the bizarre Washington Post article about the Gathering of Juggalos.
- Man dies at Burning Man after running into the burning man inferno. Graphic NSFW video here. (You can't see anything more than silhouettes, but it's disturbing to watch someone killing themselves.)
- Jeremy Saulnier, director of the punks-trapped-in-a-Nazi-bar thriller Green Room, will be directing S3 of HBO's True Detective, starring Mahershala Ali.
- The trailer for the astonishing documentary Long Shot:
- Dirk's thoughts on the first episode of American Horror Story: Cult.
- Referenced: Alexander Payne's 1996 satire, Citizen Ruth:
- AHS creator Ryan Murphy and his muse, Sarah Paulson, have a two-season order from Netflix for a prequel series about Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.
- Netflix will be losing the Star Wars and Marvel movies back to Disney when their deal ends in 2019.
- The upcoming South Park game The Fractured, But Whole has a difficulty slider which darkens your character's skin.
- Referenced: "I Believe" from The Book of Mormon:
- Destiny 2's shaders are now a single-use consumables because nothing good can survive greed.
- George Harrison's sitar, as made famous on "Norwegian Wood," is being auctioned.
- Scathing AV Club review, "How did Marvel let Inhumans be released into IMAX theaters looking like this?"
- Danny Trejo disses stars (looking at you, Tom Cruise) who get hurt doing their own stunts.
- What happens when you teach a computer to name metal bands? A: This.
- Exit Music: St. Vincent, "Los Ageless"
Patreon Shout-Out Supporters: Johnny Martinuk
Patreon Roll Call Supporters: Ron Serafin,
Post a Comment