Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Confused about some references? Check the Culture Vultures Lexicon and get up to speed.
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Titles: "All-Out Snore" or "Cat As Napoleon"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Ice (Dirk); Undercover Operative (Crown Royal + Diet Pepsi w/Lime - Otto)
- Opening comments, whatnot, and mop-up.
- Netflix looking to buy theaters to show their movies?
- Grand Theft Auto V is the highest-grossing entertainment thing ever, so how come we're not awash in game-influenced crime?
- Dumbass T.J. Miller busted for calling in a fake bomb report, but he's still performing like he didn't do anything wrong.
- Smallville star Allison Mack charged with sex trafficking for a cult. Wait, WHAT?!?
- Molly Ringwald gets woke and trashes John Hughes because #MeToo, drawing rebuttal from Armond White and a great smackdown from Bill Maher(!), who's fed up with this revisionist nonsense:
- Songs like "Ebony & Ivory" and "Dude Looks Like A Lady" are now hate crimes because of course they are.
- Laugh-In is on Amazon Prime now and there's no way this show would've been not protested to death these days.
- Music this week by Detroiter Paco Higdon. Cherkert his whole site!
- First Music Break: Paco Higdon, "Starvin' Artist"
- A tip for our listeners about how to win at Cat Mania.
- Dirk recommends the "Scoobynatural" episode of Supernatural.
- GLOW S2 announced:
- Sadness! Ash vs Evil Dead not picked up for a fourth season. We have ideas for the cast's future projects.
- Dirk reviews Netflix's Lost In Space series. (Very light spoilers.)
- We process the conclusion of The Walking Dead S8.
- Exiting showrunner Scott M. "The Gimp" Gimple promises next season will be better.
- Are we going to follow Morgan to Fear the Walking Dead?
- What to watch for your zombie fix if you're done with TWD.
- Second Music Break: Paco Higdon, "Some People Just Aren't Going To Like You"
- Referenced: Rachel Bloom's "Buttload of Cats" from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend:
- Movie Pass may not be long for this world.
- Referenced: The SNL change bank commercial:
- Jessica Chastain cast as adult Bev in IT: Chapter 2.
- The new Terminator reboot casts Gabriel Luna and a mostly Hispanic cast.
- Ahnuld had heart surgery a few weeks back.
- Cathy Yan tapped to make a Harley Quinn movie.
- Amy Schumer wishes someone not white had her role in her latest movie because of course she does.
- Victoria Mahoney - a black woman - has been named 2nd unit director of Star Wars: Episode IX, but people obsessed with racial grievance-mongering are still outraged that straight white males are allowed to work.
- Producer and former studio head Bill Mechanic quits the Academy Governor's Board and calls out the diversity and anti-popular movie mentality.
- Third Music Break: Paco Higdon, "Clownin' Around"
- We review Rampage and Dirk reviews Blumhouse's Truth or Dare, Coco, and A Quiet Place.
- Interview with A Quiet Place's sound designers and a piece about audiences coping with noise at the show.
- RIP: Co-founder of Comedy Store Mitzi Shore; Amadeus and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest director Milos Forman; late-night radio talker Art Bell; iconic movie drill sergeant R. Lee Ermey; magician-comedian and Night Court star Harry Anderson; WWF legend Bruno Sammartino; former First Lady Barbara Bush; Mini-Me Verne Troyer.
- The BBC has put its sound effects library online for download.
Patreon Shout-Out Supporters: Johnny Martinuk, Anguis Viridis,
Patreon Roll Call Supporters: Ron Serafin
Post a Comment