Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Confused about some references? Check the Culture Vultures Lexicon and get up to speed.
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Titles: "Otto Correct" or "Convenientonium" or "Caucasian Hair-Cleaning Solutions"
- Tonight's Beverages: Hamm's (Dirk); Undercover Operative (Otto)
- Opening greetings and fun facts about who did cartoon voices.
- Recap of Cat Mania the cool swag Paco Higdon laid on us and the benefits being our listener brings.
- Avengers: Infinity War is a surprise box office hit.
- Referenced: Anti-Trekker's 30-part, 6-hour critique of The Last Jedi.
- Wall Street Journal piece on the drama surrounding Star Wars movies.
- Movie Pass continues to hemorrhage cash.
- The Academy tosses Bill Cosby and Roman Polanski.
- Long hair on female heroes is sexist because shut up!
- A few thoughts about Black Panther now that it's on home video. The referenced video about the costume design:
- Pink 2.0 singer Halsey rages against "white people shampoo" at hotels because she's black. This is how black she is:
- Referenced: The wig racing skit from The Muppet Show - the shampoo bit starts at 0:55:
- First Music Break: Robyn Adele Anderson, "Chop Suey" (System of a Down Jazz Cover)
- Amazon drops Jeffrey Tambor from their Emmy campaign for Transparent, but remains employed by Netflix as the recut fourth season of Arrested Development is out now along with the announcement of the fifth season premiere date.
- The first half of the final season of The Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt arrives May 30.
- Fact Check: Indeed, Tina Fey's Mean Girls musical snagged 12 Tony Award nominations. So did SpongeBob SquarePants: The Broadway Musical?!
- Referenced: Brittany Howard of Alabama Shakes performing at the R&RHoF induction of Sister Rosetta Tharpe.
- Santa Clarita Diet picked up for a third season.
- Corbin Berson and Annette O’Toole joining cast of The Punisher S2.
- TV cancellations and renewals: Shows getting the axe include Brooklyn Nine-Nine after 5 seasons (though it was rescued by NBC the day after taping), Last Man on Earth (after 4), and The Mick (2). Renewals included: Blindspot for a fourth season, Rick and Morty with a crazy 70-episode pickup, and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit for a record-tying 20th season tying Gunsmoke and the OG Law & Order for longevity.
- Otto's nibbling at Netflix's Lost in Space and isn't feeling it and this writer doesn't think the original series was all that. Meanwhile, some people are lusting for the Robot. Really.
- Dirk is liking the 2nd season of The Expanse more than the first.
- Hermione is done with Life Sentence.
- Second Music Break: ZZ Top, "TV Dinners"
- Ryan Reynolds says a third Deadpool movie may be unlikely and has never seen Green Lantern completely. The Celine Dion theme video:
- Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter are in for a third Bill & Ted movie.
- The costume from the first Iron Man movie got stolen.
- Hollywood outrage du jour is Chris Pratt making more than Bryce Dallas Howard for We're Still Not Learning That Dinosaur Parks Are A Bad Idea 2: Cruise Control.
- Christopher Nolan is supervising a 70mm release of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- We have our FULL SPOILERS discussion of Avengers: Infinity War.
- Why Ross Marquand played Red Skull instead of Hugo Weaving.
- Referenced: The 1994 Australian drag comedy, The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert:
- Thanos is a radical environmentalist.
- Referenced: The scene from Be Cool where the real Elliot Wilhelm appears, but it's just after where this clip ends. Sorry.
- Third Music Break: Led Zeppelin, "Hot Dog"; Weezer, "Pork & Beans"
- Taylor Swift - an Official Girlfriend of the Culture Vultures - visits a badly-burned child fan, invited foster kids and parents to a dress rehearsal, and Katy Perry sends her a literal olive branch.
- Gibson files for Chapter 11 as was long expected. Concerns about their quality go waaaaay back, but ATM we can't find the mentioned interview link.
- Referenced: The Rick Beato video about "Give It Away":
- It looks like the developers of Shadow of the Tomb Raider have fattened Lara Croft up.
- The Cars leader Ric Ocasek and supermodel wife Paulina Porizkova split after 28 years of marriage.
- Thanks to our Patreon backers.
- The Jurassic Park ride at Universal Hollywood is being shut down to be replaced with a Jurassic World ride.
- A teaser for next episode.
Patreon Shout-Out Supporters: Johnny Martinuk, Anguis Viridis,
Patreon Roll Call Supporters: Ron Serafin
Merkur Futur Adjustable Double Edge Safety Razor 카지노사이트 카지노사이트 クイーンカジノ クイーンカジノ 53Hard Rock Casino And Cafe: Las Vegas, Nevada | VieCasinoReplyDelete