iTunes Podcast Subscribe Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/culture-vultures-podcast/id641892049
Alternate Title: "The Voluptuous Horror of Lena Dunham"
Bonus Alternate Title: "Lordy Lordi Lorde Has Done It Again"
- Special Co-Host: Bob Koski
- Tonight's Beverage: Zywiec (pronouced "zjee-vee-ess") beer
- Mopping up the rest of the Hillary Swank item from last week; people wanting Justin Bieber deported; Oscar nominations and the disqualification of a Best Song nominee and how there's so much corruption in the process, why make a stand on this?
- Dirk talks about American Hustle. (DirkFlix review pending)
- Discussion of the Grammy Awards, the state of music, whether Daft Punk sucks (yes) and the merits of Lorde who looks like this...
...but people say she's ugly (da fuh?) and does a Replacements cover tune like this:
The original version:
- The publishing company behind Lorde's discovery and success.
- Inside Deadmau5's helmet.
- LeAnn Rimes was 13 when she hit with "Blue."
- Stars who could use a hit.
- The forever in waiting discussion of Lena Dunham and Girls and whether she's a transgressive force or just a self-indulgent fat chick with a TV show: The reaction before S3 started about questioning her body image; the kerfuffle over Jezebel showing the unretouched photos; the pros and cons of nepotism; is this an assault on traditional beauty standards; comparison to Melissa McCarthy.
- Her Golden Globes outfit:
- The story behind Pharrell's Grammy hat, which Malcolm McClaren wore first 30 years ago:
- The Green Day American Idiot musical is at the Detroit Opera House and some discussion of the Satori Circus 25th Anniversary show last week.
- The titular beer:
- Ben Affleck's inability to watch Republican actors; how Hollywood doesn't know any Republicans, so they don't depict them; and how it's bad for business.
- The ridiculous excuse for Atlanta's inability to cope with 2 inches of snow.
- Variety's disappointing review of The Monuments Men.
- Wrapping up with news of Bob Dylan doing a Fiat-Chrysler commercial.
- Paramount kills off film prints.
- The movie theater texting shooting.
- Chief O’Brien has the worst job.
- Gratuitous Katy Perry photo:
You're welcome. :)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete