Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Titles: "A Blister From Your Strap-On" or "The Weekend of Unfortunate Footwear" or "Dancing at Jumbo's Clown Room by the YYZ Airport"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Max Ice (Dirk); Ottopilot (Otto).
- Referenced: Bruno Kirby's scene in This Is Spinal Tap followed by a ton of outtake improv material:
- Thanks to our new Facebook Likes.
- Announcement on how old episodes podcasts will be handled. They'll be available to download, but the embedded player will go away and eventually they won't be on iTunes.
- Hermione disputes Dirk's portrayal of her thoughts on Ashton Kutcher.
- Referenced: The trailer to Spread:
- Referenced: Crazy ultra-zoom video from the Nikon CoolPix P900 of an airplane in high flight.
- Quick discussion of whether we missed the clues for the divorce subplot of Jurassic World.
- Jaws 40th Anniversary screening prompts a rant from Otto about movie theater cell phone etiquette.
- Otto reports on Walker Stalker Con Orlando.
- Otto cosplaying as Abraham from The Walking Dead:
- Chris Squire, bassist for Yes, RIP. The isolated bass track to "Roundabout" referenced.
- Fact Check: It appears both Geddy Lee and Chris Squire played Rickenbacker 4001 basses. CHECK THIS!
- First Music Break: Yes, "I'm Running" - bonus live version
- Dirk recaps his Canuckian adventure to NXNE and the Bargain Ninja® exploits covering affordable cell phone service, finding an affordable hotel,
- Referenced: The vacant lot that was once the World's Biggest Bookstore. Our preferred hotel is in the middle distance and the giant Aura condo tower is behind it.:
- Fact Check: Can't recall the name of the noodle place Dirk went to, but the all-Asian shopping center is the Peachtree Centre in Unionville, ON. This is the Chinese Bakery in Chinatown and here's Simon Sushi (no wonder we never noticed it).
- The blah view of the office park across from the Delta Markham compared to the usual view from the Eaton Chelsea downtown:
- The reviews of NXNE and the Buzzcocks show featuring Dirk's photos at Motor City Blog.
- Find cheap parking in select cities with Best Parking.com and app.
- Referenced: The Cowsills, whose eldest member, Billy, was the father of Delaney, whom Dirk chatted with.
- Referenced: Article about the Waverly Hotel's fate and the Silver Dollar Room next door.
- Referenced: Mission of Burma, "That's When I Reach For My Revolver"; Moby's version.
- The nightmare of a horrible dinner experience and parking machine failness.
- Second Music Break: Charlie XCX, "Body of My Own"
- Otto endorses Uber for getting around.
- Neve Campbell is joining House of Cards prompting discussion of her nipples in I Really Hate My Job (NSFW link!) and boxy physique (NSFW link!) in When Will I Be Loved. (We're pigs.)
- TV Land dumps reruns of The Dukes of Hazzard because everyone is a hysterical ninny these days. Show's star fires back.
- Referenced: The "General Glee"...
...and Joe Rogan's Dukes of Hazzard rant that was somewhat misquoted; correct version:
That show started the tradition of the most iconic piece of clothing our nation ever produced; The Daisy Duke shorts. Those shorts were the real flag - a flag of identification and empowerment for gay men and sluts all over the world. Before The Dukes there really wasn't any one piece of clothing that let the world know that you're hungry for dick.
- Actor Patrick McNee and film composer James Horner RIP. Wiki about Horner's alleged musical borrowing.
- Referenced: Sybil Danning in Battle Beyond the Stars ( o ) ( o ):
- Dirk reviews Apollo 13 20th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray and documentary Hot Girls Wanted. (Affiliate link):
- The next Star Trek movie will be entitled Star Trek Beyond.
- The new Spider-Man is Tom Holland.
- The X-Men: Days of Future Past - The Rogue Cut is dropping July 14, 2015 and here's the trailer and a scene from it.
- Third Music Break: J.Law, "The Hanging Tree (Rebel Remix)"
- Referenced: J.Law house-hunting in this outfit:
- New trailers for the Rocky spinoff, Creed and Steve Jobs, plus the Ant-Man clips Otto hadn't seen:
- Otto plugs Elements of Cosplay: The Costume and Beyond (affiliate link):
- Referenced/Correction: David Morrissey's singing casino video was from a British miniseries called Blackpool, not a commercial:
- AC/DC is now available on streaming services.
- Apple Music launches, thus copying everyone else from years ago as they always do. Yawn says Gizmodo.
- Taylor Swift's open letter to Apple prompts photographers to call her out on her photo permissions. (Note that the update from her rep says photogs can exploit their work with "management's permission" as if that doesn't mean they could be blocked.)
- Batman: Arkham Knight on PC is a utterly broken disaster and was pulled from sale. Jimquisition video about it.
- Fifty Shades of Gray author E.L. James did a Twitter Q&A. The Internet replied, "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!"
- A Redditor who works as a Disney cast member explains the safety reasons underlying the ban on selfie sticks.
Post a Comment