Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Titles: "Sex Fort!" or "The Human Ring Tape" or "Pizzas Are Part of My Sexual Fantasies"
- Tonight's Beverages: Okocim and Molson Ice Hangover Formula (Dirk & Bob); Kentucky Ball Slap (Otto).
- Third Vulture Bob "I'm Gonna Kill Somebody" Koski joins us and the explanation of his new nickname.
- The new show notes style explained.
- Greets to our new FaceSpace Likes and recapping the Bargain Ninja goodies they get.
- The trick of buying booze at border duty-free stores.
- Mop-up about David Morrissey and Dirk's Steam Summer Sale pickups including The Stanley Parable.
- Discussing our musical artists of the evening, Missing Persons. The Creem photo that prompted Dirk to buy a ticket to the show:
- Referenced: Missing Persons performing in Lunch Wagon, the movie mentioned by Otto:
- First Musical Break: Missing Persons, "Noticeable One"
- Bill Cosby admitted to obtaining Quaaludes to drug women. Sigh. Story about the removal of the statue at Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park.
- Jared Fogel, Subway's spokesman, is raided as part of a child porn investigation.
- Referenced: The Onion - "Horrified Subway Execs Assumed People Were Buying Footlongs To Share With A Friend"
- Governator Ahnuld commuted the murder sentence of a Democrat crony's son.
- Pop tart Ariana Grande licks donuts and says she hates America, then put out a quarter-assed "apology", triggering a wild discussion as to whether this was real or staged for publicity.
Post-Taping News: Why the donut shop had the merchandise out and the fallout from the incident for them.
Post-Post-Taping News: Grande takes a second shot at contrition with a video apologizing for her previous apology and expressing chagrin for looking bad, but not apologizing to the bakery for wrecking their health score.
- Referenced: The comparison photo between Clarence Thomas and George Takei:
- Second Musical Break: Missing Persons, "Mental Hopscotch"
- Emily Kinney (Beth from The Walking Dead) joins the cast of Masters of Sex (hopes for nudity are voiced) and Hannibal, cancelled by NBC is not picked up by Amazon or Netflix.
- Why Hulu sucks.
- Harry Shearer returns to The Simpsons. A list of the 184(!!) characters he's voiced.
- Referenced: The Wayne's World 2 scene regarding Keith Richard's near-immortality:
- Elodie Yung cast as Elektra in Daredevil S2. Here she is in District B13 Ultimatum:
Here's what was effectively her audition tape, Jinx in G.I. Joe Retaliation:
- Jennifer Affleck and Ben Garner are getting divorced.
- First look at the Ash vs. the Evil Dead series.
- What happened when Hermione started watching Sense8 again without Dirk.
- New about the Iron Giant Signature Edition release with two new scenes.
- How Rachel McAdams looks in True Detective versus her usual rom-com look:
- Marisa Tomei to play Aunt May in the next Spider-Man. (More like Hawnt May, arewerite?) Nerd purists are madface because they'd rather have a grandma-looking May than a hot cougar. That's why they'll die virgins.
- Rumor of Donnie Yen appearing in two Star Wars movies.
- Chris Miller and Phil Lord (directors of The Lego Movie and 21/22 Jump Street) tapped to make a stand-alone Han Solo origin film.
- Selma director Ana Duvernay not directing Marvel's Black Panther prompting Film School Rejects to get typically boo-boo-kitty over it leading to talk whether it's now hip to bash Marvel and look at box office grosses.
- Kirk and Hulk together at last!
- Third Musical Break: Missing Persons, "I Like Boys" and "Bad Streets"
- Referenced: Dale Bozzio's appearance (cued up) on Frank Zappa's Joe's Garage track, "Fembot In A Wet T-Shirt."
- Dirk reviews Terminator Genisys, Ted 2, John Wick, Man On Wire and Atari: Game Over while Bob reviews Amy, the documentary about Amy Winehouse.
- Fact Check: Dorothy Stratten's jerk husband who murdered her was Paul Snider.
- Fact Check: Ernest Cline owns the DeLorean that he was retrieving from George RRRRRRRR Martin in Atari: Game Over, not the other way that Otto thought.
- The directors of Jurassic World and Terminator Genisys aren't happy that the advertising for their movies spoil major details. Mundane Matt's video opining on the controversy.
- Fourth Musical Break: Missing Persons, "Here and Now"
- A rebellion at Reddit breaks out due to the sacking of the AMA coordinator Victoria Taylor. Vox hack Max Fisher tweets the typically wrong and biased narrative. Reddit CEO Ellen Pao apologizes for "screwing up."
Additional Reading:• How Ellen Pao fired an employee for having cancer because she doesn't believe you can work for an Internet company from anywhere but a central terrestrial location in San Francisco.
• A 2013 Vanity Fair profile of the shady histories of Pao and her husband, who'd left his long-time boyfriend to marry her. (You read that right.)
• MarketWatch - "Is Ellen Pao snafu beginning of Reddit’s end?"
• C|Net - "Revolt! Reddit uprising is determined to oust Ellen Pao"
• Entrepreneur - "Why Reddit Needs to Replace Ellen Pao as CEO"
• NY Times Op-Ed from IAmA moderators - "Why We Shut Down Reddit’s ‘Ask Me Anything’ Forum"
Breaking News Before Broadcast: Pao quits; media declares her a victim of racism and misogyny. Of course.
- Dirk's phone wallpapers courtesy of sub-Reddit's /r/Celebs and /r/gentlemanboners.
- 8000 lb. gorilla YouTuber PewDiePie made $7 million in 2014 and the envious brats of the Internet whined, so he replied.
- Someone found a prototype SNES-Playstation combo unit from when Sony and Nintendo almost got in bed together.
- Dave Grohl plays Foo Fighters show from a Guitar Iron Throne.
- Moron tries to charge his phone on a Broadway set.
- Dirk found a box of CDs. SCORE!
Post a Comment