Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Titles: "Sadistic Schoolgirl Porn" or "Underoos-Destroying Shart"
- Tonight's Beverages: Okocim (Dirk & Bob); Ottopilot (Otto)
- Fact Check: Felicitations means "congratulations", not greetings.
- It's our third anniversary and we've done almost 300 hours in the previous 120 episodes.
- The usual introductory rigmarole, FaceSpace Likers, mop-up and Otto got his replacement TV.
- Dirk explains HDCP.
- Referenced: The first trailer for The BFG:
...and The Friendly Giant:
- The Portlandia-worthy April Fool's ad for toilet paper:
- Taylor Swift's Apple ad which earned her entry into the exclusive ranks of an Official Girlfriend of the Culture Vultures:
Unfortunately, there aren't any clips from her 2009 SNL appearance available that weren't taped off a TV screen.
- Explanation of what qualifies for being an Official Girlfriend of the Culture Vultures.
- There are people unaware of who T.Swizzle is?
- Dirk reviews Blondie's New York: The Making of Parallel Lines.
- First Music Break: Blondie, "Picture This" and "Pretty Baby"
- Toronto's NXNE music festival is changing formats to Dirk's consternation.
- Referenced: Toronto's El Mocambo club.
- The cynical return of Guns 'n' Roses is smacked around.
- Maz Kanata will be in Star Wars: Episode VIII.
- Fact Check: The Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One set (affiliate link) came in a briefcase with Tesseract Cube; the Phase Two set came a replica of the Morag orb from Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Fact Check: Ken Burns' The Civil War came out in 1990.
- Wonder Woman's release date moved up three weeks.
- Discussion of Batman v Superman and its apologists.
- Dirk's video review for Sucker Punch:
- The hilarious Sad Affleck meme:
- Referenced: The Family Guy bit:
- Referenced: Episode #68 - "Kryptonite Butt Plug"
- Kevin Smith's Hollywood Babble On comments on BvS:
- A story about the above clip which had contrary comments as referenced.
- Referenced: The Onion AV Club discussion of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns.
- Referenced: The Cinefix video with Michael Fassbender's gaffe in Inglourious Basterds:
- Fact Check: X-Men Origins: Wolverine had a 38% Rotten Tomatoes score.
- The dumb IGN defense.
- Suicide Squad rumored to be doing reshoots to add humor.
- Warner Bros. may not be willing to change anything in future films despite negative reaction.
- Composer Hans Zimmer is done doing superhero scores.
- UK twits says no self-respecting adult should read comic books or see superhero movies.
- Second Music Break: Blondie, "11:59" and "Will Anything Happen?"
- Referenced: The Elisha Cuthbert photo that prompted Blondie biopic talk:
- Starz is now offering a standalone streaming service for $9/mo.
- Katie Cassidy to play Black Siren on The Flash.
- Kat Graham announces she's leaving The Vampire Diaries after the next season (which was news to show creator Julie Plec).
- Thoughts on the conclusion of The People vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story.
- Fact Check: Sterling K. Brown portrayed Christopher Darden.
- The Flash/Supergirl crossover show was a mixed bag.
- The fetid season finale of The Walking Dead S6 is thrashed mightily.
- The Walking Dead Quitter's Club recap of the finale where they talk about how the show trolls their audience.
- The SJW rage over problematic deaths (i.e. lesbian characters dying).
- Third Music Break: Blondie, "I'm Gonna Love You Too" and "Just Go Away"
- Dirk reviews The Lazarus Effect.
- Charlize Theron complains about being too pretty. Really.
- J.Law is now open to making more X-Men movies.
- RIP: Country legend Merle Haggard, actress Patty Duke, and Erik Bauersfeld, the voice of Admiral Akbar.
- Referenced: Bill Hader's Bib Fortuna bad lip-reading:
- Killjoy/Black Cliff Clavin Neil deGrasse Tyson thinks bats are blind.
- There is no "correct" pronunciation of Moleskine.
Post a Comment