Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Title: "Not Particularly Interesting Things"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Ice (Dirk), Ottopilot (Otto)
- Referenced: USA Today - "Summer's Civil War: How Did Pop Culture Get So Negative" and The AV Club, "Netflix defends its decision to throw all that money at Adam Sandler."
- Dirk found a pair of pricey sunglasses.
- Evolve goes free-to-play and explodes their user base.
- Discussion of the Criterion Collection Blu-ray for Repo Man which informs this week's music selections.
- Mental Floss - "15 Fun Facts About Repo Man."
- First Music Break: Iggy Pop, "Repo Man"
- More Repo Man talk.
- Taran Killem and Jay Pharoh are out for S42 of SNL.
- Referenced: Jay Pharoh's dead-on Denzel Washington impression:
- Hulu is killing off their free service. Be strong.
- Stargirl is coming (phrasing!) to Legends of Tomorrow S2.
- Referenced: The Archer "phrasing" reel:
- Supergirl/The Flash musical crossover episode announced.
- We review and discuss the hype Netflix series Stranger Things.
- Referenced: The video showing side-by-side the movies sampled by Stranger Things.
- Because we can't have fun, Barb's death is patriarchy.
- About the typography of the opening credits.
- Unmentioned In Show: Silly piece about Winona Ryder's shrill character was in the "grand tradition of badass moms." No, she was South Park's Miss Crabtree:
- Why Marvel's Most Wanted wasn't picked up.
- Second Music Break: Black Flag, "TV Party"
- Patrick Stewart says the next Wolverine movie is likely his last rodeo as Professor X.
- Aquaman movie villain will be Black Manta.
- Dirk reviews Florence Foster Jenkins.
- We review and discuss in semi-spoilery detail Suicide Squad and how we were at odds with the critical consensus.
- Referenced: Kevin Smith's review.
- Third Music Break: Suicidal Tendencies, "Institutionalized"
- The first full Rogue One: A Star Wars Story trailer:
- Further discussion of the critics' scores vs. audience ratings vs. box office takes.
- Collider's piece on the difference between how Christopher Nolan took time between his Dark Knight films and how DC is rushing things.
- Annalee Newitz on Suicide Squad reeking of desperation.
- Vox piece on the disrespect DC has for its characters in their films - "Suicide Squad shows why Marvel’s movie universe works and DC’s does not."
- Geek.com - "Star Trek Beyond was great, so why is no one seeing it?"
- Referenced: The analysis of how things went sideways for Suicide Squad:
- RIP: Barry Jenner (Admiral William Ross on Star Trek: Deep Space 9) and David Huddleston (THE Big Lebowski of The Big Lebowski).
- Supernatural star Jensen Ackles and his wife are expecting twins.
- The Whopperito is a thing.
- A proper Lucille Ball statue has been deployed but they're leaving the "Scary Lucy" abomination up, too.
Post a Comment