Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Titles: "Schrödinger's Glam Singer" or "The Sorcerer Supreme of Having Everyone Hate Me"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Ice and Blue (Dirk); CharCher (strawberry lemonade and black [something] rum - Otto)
- We're back after an unexpectedly long hiatus.
- Greeting to new FaceSpace Likers and the tons of FREE stuff they were tipped to.
- We deep dive into the first four episodes of S7 of The Walking Dead.
- Torture your own greasy bloke in the closet with this!
- Live life in your own private Neganville with The Jam:
- RIP Leonard Cohen.
- First Music Break: Leonard Cohen, "Everybody Knows"
- Continuing discussion of The Walking Dead and how the convention crowds are reacting.
- Referenced: The infamous Asian aging cartoon:
- Otto reports on the Rewind Con.
- Dirk explains Tru Calling.
- Otto's new "friend", Melissa Archer:
- Second Music Break: Leonard Cohen, "First We Take Manhattan"
- We review Doctor Strange in full spoiler detail once we get past Dirk's hangout about the rotating watch drawer.
- Referenced: A deal was made between Fox and Marvel to swap characters for Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
- Third Music Break: Leonard Cohen, "I Can't Forget"
- Dirk reviews Sicario (with a side trip through Josh Brolin's career), Gravity Is Just A Habit, and It's So Easy...And Other Lies.
- Donald Glover is cast as young Lando Calrissian in the upcoming young Han Solo solo film.
- Things learned from the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens commentary track.
- Carrie Fisher reveals her affair with Harrison Ford while shooting Star Wars.
- Deadpool director Tim Miller has left the sequel under rumors of deep discord.
- The first Ghost in the Shell trailer has dropped on the heels of set visit interviews:
- We talk up the new trailers for Kong: Skull Island:
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets:
XXX: The Return of Xandar Cage, which got 100 million views in two days:
- Fact Check: Milla Jovovich was married to Luc Besson from 1997-1999 and has been married to Paul W.S. Anderson since 2009.
- Fourth Music Break: Leonard Cohen, "Bird On A Wire"
- Why Do Marvel's Movies Look Kind of Ugly?
- Referenced: The clips Dirk sent to Bob "I'm Gonna Kill Somebody" Koski to illustrate the difference in cinematography between CW's DC comics shows and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.:
Both are nighttime fight scenes, but the S.H.I.E.L.D. one has all-white lighting on everything, backgrounds, people, etc. Arrow has contrasting colors providing depth. White and blueish edge lighting on actors; amber work lamps. Pause at 0:36 and note background building lighting - tower is reddish, hangers are greenish. The lighting in the hanger is dark with pools of light - not realistic, but very dramatic.
S.H.I.E.L.D. just throws up white light on everything making it very monochrome. Arrow is on CW and lacks the Disney $$$, but makes it look so much richer in lighting and grading.
- Netflix's The Defenders will only be 8 episodes and set photos are already coming out and Elektra is coming back.
- Sean Astin and Paul Reiser join Stranger Things S2.
- Conviction gets cancelled, making the whacking of Agent Carter all the more meaningless.
- Otto busts out a word on Dirk that he's never heard before: moue.
- An Inhumans series is apparently happening, but little is known about it.
- The NY Times TV reviewer reviewed Amazon series Goliath out of order.
- Dirk zaps The Rocky Horror TV Show.
- Fact Check: Amanda Bynes as Penny Lou Pingleton in the movie version of the musical Hairspray.
- Dirk reviews Designated Survivor.
- Our thoughts on S2 of Ash vs. Evil Dead.
- Filmstruck now has Criterion movies, but their app selection is pitiful with Roku, Chromecast, Xbox One and PS4 apps due sometime in 2017.
- Otto is getting a Google Pixel XL.
- Fact Check: The Samsung Galaxy S5's screen is 5.1 inches. (Pixel XL is 5.5")
- Bethesda's anti-consumer review policy is hashed over. Total Biscuit's thoughts.
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare bought from Windows 10 store can't play with Steam players.
- Titanfall 2 is suffering in sales despite good reviews due to EA stupidly putting it out in a crowded schedule.
- Videogame voice actors are on strike.
- Proper audio bitstreaming is coming to Xbox One.
- Why Vine died despite its top creators offering a plan to save it.
- Fifth Music Break: Leonard Cohen, "Democracy"
- We make a rare foray into politics as we pick over the carcass of the 2016 Presidential election and the friendship-rending aftermath.
- Democrat losses in Congress and states since Obama took office.
- Newsweek - "The Myths Democrats Swallowed That Cost Them the Presidential Election."
- The NY Times maps of where people voted for the candidates converted into land masses.
- William Shatner sets phasers on melt and fires at a snowflake.
- Lena Dunham sits shiva.
- Noam Chomsky calles the GOP the "most dangerous organization in world history."
- The stupid safety pin crap that prompted this personal FaceSpace comment from Dirk:
OLD BUSTED: Safety pins mean punk rock.
NEW HOTNESS: Safety pins mean you're a self-loathing white heterosexual liberal snowflake who wants to preen your wokeness by letting the world know you hate Trump and support Muslims and gay people and women who are all supposedly targeted by the Cheeto Jesus death squads. Or something. (How this works when a ISIS-sworn radical Muslim slaughters 50 people in a gay disco is unclear.)
IN REALITY: Safety pins mean punk rock, you c*nts!
Liberalism ruins everything down to a means to pin your clothes up. Johnny Rotten used them because he was poor. Libtards are using them because they're wealthy and safe and don't have any real problems despite their pants-soiling fear. Babies.
- Facebook employees wanted to take down Trump's posts for hate speech.
- How 60 Minutes hid Trump's condemnation of violence.
- RIP: Dead Or Alive singer Peter Burns; the original Man From U.N.C.L.E. Robert Vaughn;
- Taylor Swift did Halloween as Deadpool in a costume from Ryan Reynolds.
- Actual MFing snake on actual MFing plane!
- Man falls into Yellowstone hot spring and body dissolves.
- Topless co-ed crashes into cop car while taking selfie.
Unused Alternate Titles: "It's A Brand New Day, But The Same Old Sh*t" or "Even God Is Sick of Their Sh*t" or "Apply The Lube On Your Own Time" or "How Else Are You Going To Keep Daryl Around?" or "Just Above His Spot" or "Kneel Before The Valve" or "Shiva With An Otto Cape" or "Sitting On A Bucket" or "Three Bells For Leonard" or "Friendly Canuckian Entertainment" or "Better Than Robin" or "Nothing But High Fives & Fist Bumps" or "Moving A Couch Friend" or "Iron Man With Magic" or "Who Makes The Watch Drawers" or "Rotating Watch Drawer" or "The Grand Watching Ceremony" or "Kristen Stewart's Rotating Panty Drawer" or "Future Villain Guy" or "Magic Babble" or "Cloak Ex Machina" or "Staying Alive Through Pure Luck" or "Vodka. Woman's Drink" or "She Was 19 and 19" or "Get The Girl And Look Dope Doing It" or "Onyx Bolt" or "Madden Warfare 2016 In Spaaaaaace!" or "It Died On The Vine" or "The Whitest Gangta You'll Ever Meet" or "Neuticle & Steroid Fund" or "I Guess That Question's Answered: Dead" or "Was His Name Stu?"
Post a Comment