Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Confused about some references? Check the Culture Vultures Lexicon and get up to speed.
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Titles: "Fuzznuts Adventures In Dateland" or "Rogue 69" or "Really Hungry For Arby's All Of The Sudden" or "Christian Bale's Eye Wart" or "It's Late and I'm Drunk"
- Tonight's Beverages: Ococim, Tyskie, SSS beers (Dirk & Otto); Panty Dropper (strawberry lemonade and rum - Otto)
- We're back after one week, Bob "I'm Gonna Kill Somebody" Koski is in the house, and why the podcasts are posting out of order.
- Greeting to new FaceSpace Likers and the tons of FREE stuff they had a chance of getting.
- New celeb nudie leaks from Lucy Hale and Leelee Sobieski are talked about (because to look at the pictures would be wrong) as well as Rose McGowan's sex tape.
- Referenced: Gingerbread Hitler:
- Dirk's new car gets snowed on and weirds him out.
- Our previous Christmas show Episode #70 - "Jesus vs. George Bailey"
- First Music Break: The Waitresses, "Christmas Wrapping"; Cocteau Twins, "Frosty The Snowman"; Barenaked Ladies w/Sarah McLachlan, "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three King"
- The Addams Family TV show's Wednesday Lisa Loring's almost unknown porn career comes up.
- Movie trailers for John Wick: Chapter 2 and Blade Runner: 2049
- Universal uploaded a trailer for the new Tom Cruise reboot of The Mummy with messed-up audio. The Internet does what it do and Universal mishandles it.
- Lex Luther and Hippolyta will be in Justice League.
- We do a quick SPOILER-FREE review of Rogue One.
- Second Music Break: They Might Be Giants, "Christmas In The Big House"; Queen Bee, "Santa Babee" (sic); Dick the Bruiser Band, "Cum On Get Your Toys" ("Cum On Feel The Noize" parody)
- Santa Dirk gives presents to his elves. The Ash vs. Evil Dead S1 cover:
- Margot Robbie's fine, fine ass is off the market.
- The surprise arrival of Netflix's The OA...
...leads to a recap of co-creator Brit Marling's breakthrough with Another Earth.
- Fact Check: Her frequent collaborator is Zal Batmanglij.
- Dirk's review of Another Earth.
- Third Music Break: The Ramones, "Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight)"; U2, "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)"
- The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2017 Inductees announced and we talk about it.
- Neil Schon has reached out to Steve Perry to participate.
- Referenced: The "Steve Perry" psyche out from Baseketball:
- Soundgarden guitarist Kim Thayall thinks Pearl Jam should've been inducted ahead of Nirvana and a Salon hack has problems with Journey.
- Proof of Dirk's contention that Radiohead's Thom Yorke is Jackie Rogers Jr.:
- Bob is able to reverse the masked demonic messages in music with his iPad.
- Referenced: J. Geils Band, "No Anchovies, Please"
- Referenced: The chicken salad sandwich scene from Five Easy Pieces:
- Fourth Music Break: The Jackson 5, "Someday At Christmas"; James Brown, "Go Power At Christmas Time"; Bob Seger and the Last Heard, "Sock It To Me Santa"
- More Rock Hall talk with the latest black rage from Stereo Williams about paucity of R&B acts. We run through his list and debate.
- The Snub List of artists not getting any love from Jann's toy.
- Fifth Music Break: ELP, "I Believe In Father Christmas"; Tom Waits, "Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis"; The Pogues ft. Kirsty MacColl, "Fairytale Of New York"
- Otto's Adventures In Dating begin with plenty of support (read: heckling) from the gang.
- Referenced: The Men vs. Woman control panel meme:
- Sixth Music Break: The Polish Muslims, "Yuletide Rock Opera Acts I-III"
- More fun with Otto's dating adventures.
- Seventh Music Break: The Killers, "A Great Big Sled (ft. Toni Halliday), "Joel, the Lump of Coal (ft. Jimmy Kimmel), "Joseph, Better You Than Me (ft. Elton John & Neil Tennant)", "Don't Shoot Me Santa"
- Dating adventures conclude with Otto going on a date.
- Referenced: Taylor Momsen as Cindy Lou Who and as a rocker chick:
- Eighth Music Break: Bob Rivers, "Jesus's Birthday" (Beatles parody); Iggy Pop, "White Christmas"; RUN-DMC, "Christmas Is"; Billy Squier, "Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You"
- The review of people who passed into the infinite in 2016 kicks off with Gordon Hunt (Kotaku link with interview mentioned), father of Helen Hunt, who had a wildly varied career.
- Note: The reference to Carrie Fisher was taped the day before her heart attack.
- Tilda Swinton and Margaret Cho's emails about "whitewashing" in Doctor Strange are released and, of course, racial grievance mongers screech about "white privilege."
- Cindy Stowell, the six-time Jeopardy champ who passed away before her episodes aired recently.
- Richard Marx subdued a troublesome passenger on a Korean airlines flight.
- Most Canuckian Thing Ever: Edmonton man drives his Zamboni through Tim Horton's drive-thru.
- Outro Music: Band-Aid, "Do They Know It's Christmas"