Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Confused about some references? Check the Culture Vultures Lexicon and get up to speed.
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Title: "Death & The OA"
- Tonight's Beverages: Water (Dirk); White Russian (Otto)
- Note: The first few words of Dirk's intro weren't recorded due to his not hitting the button early enough.
- Explanation on how this is a special addendum episode that we put on during what has been scheduled as an off day for the holidays, but events demanded we return to the hanger to discuss the passings of George Michael, Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds, seen here in 1973 when Carrie was 16:
- RIP Carrie Fisher and we process our feels.
- Referenced: The double date scene from When Harry Met Sally:
- The Bitter Script Reader tribute to Fisher. Correction: It was another person quoted in it who spoke of the script arbitration.
- RIP Debbie Reynolds and her legacy is touched upon.
- Three generations, of which only one remains:
(L-R) Billie Lourd, Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher in 2015
- The stories referenced about the making of Singin' In The Rain and how Reynolds was helped by Fred Astaire:
- The "Good Morning" number referenced:
- A clip from These Old Broads:
- The NY Times story of this photo:
- The ruthless SJW assault on Fisher and those attempting to pay tribute. Feminazi snowflake wishing her dead; Cinnabon's silly bun image; and the attack on Steve Martin's tweet which prompted the best smackdown headline: "If You're Angry Over Steve Martin's Carrie Fisher Tribute, You're a F*cking Idiot." Mundane Matt rambled about it here. Kevin Smith's tribute.
- First Music Break: George Michael, "Kissing A Fool"
- Dirk takes Netflix's new hype series The OA down to the frigid river and drowns it in a full-spoilers (to explain why it sucks) review/beatdown.
- The Glove and Boots - 2016 Year in Review:
- The explanation of this episode's title which is mentioned in passing in this clip from her stage show:
- Fact Check: The models in George Michael's "Freedom! 90" video were Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Tatjana Patitz, Christy Turlington, and Cindy Crawford.
- Second Music Break: George Michael & Queen, "Somebody To Love" from the 1992 Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert:
- RIP George Michael.
- Mop-up of people who died in 2016 that got left off of last episode's segment.
- New RIPs: Richard Adams (author of Watership Down); Ricky Harris (from Everyone Hate Chris); George S. Irving (voice of Heat Miser in The Year Without A Santa Claus); Robert Hulseman (inventor of the Solo cup).
- Canuckian man punches cougar at Tim Horton's to save his husky.
Post a Comment