Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Confused about some references? Check the Culture Vultures Lexicon and get up to speed.
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Titles: "Working Out or Looser Clothing" or "Simultaneously Profound & Inane" or "The REAL Suicide Squad"
- Tonight's Beverages: Water (Dirk); Panty Dropper (Otto)
- Explaining the delayed out-of-order delivery of the podcasts.
- Dirk's #NerdYearsEve putting a new SSD drive in his laptop.
- Mariah Carey's catastrophic NYE debacle. She blamed sabotage, Jenny McCarthy fired back.
- Meryl Streep's preening Golden Globes tantrum. Flashback: Streep giving a fugitive child rapist a standing ovation.
- Fact Check: Passengers has grossed $86M (domestic, at taping) on a reported $110M. Rule of thumb is, depending on advertising, they have to gross 2-3X to be profitable.
- She Who Is Not Named won't take selfies with fans while Taylor Swift visits a 96-year-old fan.
- Olivia Wilde is triggered! Wah.
- Entertainers against Trump who collected fat paychecks performing for genuine dictators and human rights violator.
- John Nolte - "The Movie Star Is Dead: Jennifer Lawrence & Chris Pratt Tank In 'Passengers'"
- Ariana Grande feels objectified. Wah wah wah. Because she had no control over this:
- First Music Break: Counting Crows, "Angels of the Silences" (the album title was Recovering The Satellites)
- Deadpool receives PGA nomination leading to baseless speculation on its Oscar chances.
- Lee Daniels says #OscarsSoWhite people are whining and entitled.
- Referenced: The all-female horror anthology XX:
- We discuss Rogue One in full spoiler detail.
- How Tarkin was created.
- Referenced: The VFX breakdowns for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button...
...and The Man From U.N.C.L.E.:
- The trailer shots and dialog cut from the final film:
- Referenced: Where "Sphere of Fear" came from, the parody short Star Wars 3: A Lost Hope:
- Disney reportedly had a $50M insurance policy on Carrie Fisher.
- Lucasfilm's official statement refuting rumors that they'd use CGI to portray Leia.
- Recasting Fisher and comparisons to Dumbledore and other recastings.
- Second Music Break: Butterfly Boucher, "Another White Dash"
- Dirk reviews Deepwater Horizon, Green Room, David Bowie: The Last Five Years, The Accountant, The Neon Demon, Yoga Hosers, Alice Through The Looking Glass, Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children, and Kubo and the Two-Strings.
- Referenced: The video for David Bowie's "The Stars (Are Out Tonight)":
- Referenced: The Honest Trailer for Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure:
- Referenced: Screenwriter Jane Goldman (Stardust, X-Men: First Class, The Woman In Black, Kick-Ass):
- Third Music Break: Sleigh Bells, "Crown On The Ground"
- EW's coverage of The Defenders.
- Drew Barrymore is a zombie in the Santa Clarita Diet:
- How to speed up Netflix playback on your computer.
- Hermione's friends finished watching The OA.
- Conan O'Brien is getting cut back to a weekly show.
- The Twin Peaks continuation comes May 21.
- The cheesy Nintendo Switch presentation:
- Mass Effect: Andromeda releases March 21.
- The new Nvidia SHIELD TV announcement:
- Rapper says, "God made me bulletproof."
- RIP: William Christopher (Father Mulcahy on M*A*S*H).
- Infanticipating: Felicia Day.
- A final thought about Taylor Swift.
Unused Alternate Titles: "Ah, Schwa" or "Email To Ismael" or "Pounded With Work" or "#NerdYearsEve" or "Zero To Sexy In 0.2 Seconds" or "Unmarked Shallow Grave Somewhere In The Valley" or "Sideshow Bob Is A Weasel" or "Look Beyond My General Distaste" or "Big Into Living In The Real World" or "Brought The Pimp Back To The Sith" or "Internet Cynic Haters" or "Frank Booth Much?" or "Walmart Darth Vader" or "Big Molesting Tentacle Monster" or "Kung Fu Jedi-ish Guy" or "Coffee: So Good On A Thursday Night" or "Twirling His Non-Existent Mustache" or "Gives 'Boning' A New Meaning" or "Midnight Flight To Georgia" or "Weekly Coco"
Post a Comment