Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Title: "Rob Zombie Biker Aquaman" or "Ready Player 69"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Ice (Dirk); Autopilot (new corrected spelling! - Jim Beam & Diet Mountain Dew - Otto)
- Mop-up and announcement of our hosting a charity benefit the day this episode aired and the FREE stuff our FaceSpace Likers were tipped to.
- Comic-Con news beginning with Wonder Woman 2 having a December 2019 release date, but it was weird how Patty Jenkins made no movies between the first and her debut with Monster.
- Captain Marvel will be set in the 1990's and she will NOT be in Avengers: Infinity War and Viceroy of Comics Otto explains the Skrulls, her villains.
- We backtrack to Zack Snyder's leaving post-production of Justice League and Joss Whedon coming on to write and direct reshoots which are having a problem due to Henry Cavill's mustache. (Really!)
- Discussion of the Comic-Con trailers kicks off with the latest Justice League:
- Referenced: Dirk's Sucker Punch video review.
- First Music Break: Material Issue, "International Pop Overthrow"
- Our Patreon page where listeners can support us and get access to our new post-credits show, Tinfoil Swan, where excess material that we couldn't fit in the new shorter show will be.
- Back to trailers with Thor: Ragnarok:
- Cate Blanchett as Hela (pronounced "hubba hubba"):
- The Defenders:
- The Gifted doesn't connect to the X-Men movies or Legion; the new trailer:
- Iron Fist S2 announced with a new showrunner.
- Discussion of The Inhumans series and new trailer:
- Second Music Break: Material Issue, "Out Right Now"
- Jumanji 2: Welcome to the Jungle trailer:
- Comparing the Ready Player One and Stranger Things 2 trailers and whether nostalgia is being misappropriated:
The IGN video detailing Easter eggs:
- Referenced: The Tee Fury "Run" t-shirt Dirk forgot to buy:
- Lupita Nyong;o cosplayed SDCC incognito.
- YouTube Red and Google Play Music to merge into something called something else.
- Two previous Doctors disagree about whether a female Doctor Who is appropriate or not.
- Dirk recommends the SyFy show Dark Matter. The original trailer:
- We review Netflix's lady wrestling dramedy series GLOW.
- Quick mention of Game of Thrones.
- We review 47 Meters Down (which had an interesting backstory as it went from a dumped-to-video release to a theatrical run), Kedi and Batman and Bill. Related: Comics Alliance - "Bob Kane Is Just The Worst."
- Talk about The Walking Dead's new trailer and how cosplayers have made it hard for the show's costumers:
- RIP: June Foray (the voice of Rocky the Squirrel and zillions more) and John Heard.
- The Shat gets dumped by his horse off his buggy. (Referenced: Episode #45 - "Genocide or Nickelback" - which details what a dick the Shat is.)
- Goths in Hot Weather. (The referenced Portlandia episode, S6E04.)
- PeTA asks for good reasons to eat bacon and the Internet cheerfully replies.
- Canuckian man's Borg-themed license plate revoked because snowflakes or something.
TINFOIL SWAN Episode #2-151 Show Notes (exclusively for our Patreon supporters):
- Dirk discusses the conclusion of Pretty Little Liars.
- Quick thoughts on Twin Peaks: The Return.
- Dirk is reading Influx and discusses the themes; full review in the future.
- Dirk reviews American Gods S1.
- Previously discussed movies Nerve and The Assignment are on Amazon Prime now and Lion is on Netflix.
- The metastasizing madness of Joss Whedon is detailed as he's melted down on Twitter, shrieking that Trump would kill gays, using female cancer survivors as fodder for misogyny, he was glad his mother was dead, and making a short film depicting a world without Planned Parenthood.
- Fact Check: Whedon said Trump's election broke him, not Ultron.
- With Wonder Woman a smash hit, Whedon's 2006 spec script (PDF link) is now being used as a cudgel to bash him and we wonder how it will affect his Batgirl.
- We discuss further a comment Otto made in the main show's Batman and Bill review about "lottery winners" and Jack Kirby's shaky treatment by Marvel.
- Otto explicates why Transformers: The Last Knight is so bad.
- Valerian is bombing.
Post a Comment