Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Titles: "Oh Shut Up!" or "Lake Wannahonkya Scene" or "Hardcore & Fringey"
- Tonight's Beverages: Tyskie (Dirk); Autopilot (Otto)
- Mop-up of things from previous episode's stories.
- Referenced: Todd Rundgren, "Lockjaw"
- The snotty nerd backlash against Ready Player One as represented by this blog post is discussed.
- Discussion of whether performers are irreplaceable led to talk about James Bond films and their title sequences.
- Fact Check/Referenced: Maurice Binder did all the James Bond title sequences from Dr. No through License To Kill (other than From Russia With Love and Goldfinger) and Daniel Kleinman has done everything since Goldeneye except for Quantum of Solace. The Filmmaker IQ video:
- First Music Break: Palette-Swap Ninja, "Princess Leia's Stolen Death Star Plans/With Illicit Help From Your Friends"
- Our pitch for our Patreon, if you'd like to support the show.
- Nerdwriter's essay on why ScarJo in the Shell failed:
- Hans Zimmer added to the music score team for Blade Runner 2049.
- Story about Sophie Turner claiming she got a role over a more talented (her words) actress because she has more social media followers kicks off a conversation about the Game of Thrones pilot, this photo of the cast in the beginning (that's Kit Harrington on the right!)...
...whether negative feeling towards a character can color attitudes towards the actor, whether there are still movie stars or not.
- Hollywood is blaming box office woes on negative reviews as if the bad movies which cause those reviews are innocent victims.
- Second Music Break: Palette-Swap Ninja,"Dianoga"
- Dirk reviews Atomic Blonde and Charlize Theron's premiere "style":
- Dirk reviews Bokeh.
- Movie trailers for Angelina Jolie's next directorial effort, First They Killed My Father, and the Death Wish remake and the collective SJW freakout about it.
- An extended discussion/analysis of Purple Rain on Blu-ray.
- Referenced: Episode #98 - "The Greatest Terrible Movie Ever"
- RIP: Sam Shepard.
- Fact Check: Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn have been together since 1983, but never married.
- David Lynch's wild Comic-Con intro for the Twin Peaks panel:
- The Hollywood Reporter uncovered the real person behind the mythical Eighties celebrity Angelyne who looked like this on her album:
- Russian babe famous for posting Instagram photos of her riding her motorcycle recklessly in skimpy outfits wrecked herself fatally thus ending up looking much worse than this:
- Alicia Silverstone being clueless as to how wool works:
- Hipster Ken dolls are happening.
- Shout out to our Patreon supporter.
Patreon Shout-Out Supporters: Johnny Martinuk
Patreon Roll Call Supporters: Ron Serafin,
Post a Comment