Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Titles: "Idiots Is Not A Racial Group" or "George Orwell Has Nothing On Your Photoshop" or "Hugh Jackman Is Ampersand"
- Tonight's Beverages: Water (Dirk); Royal Ballslap (Crown Royal + Angry Orchard, Otto)
- Intro boilerplate and yadda-yadda.
- Dipwad T.J. Miller accused of raping and punching a woman.
- Dustin Hoffman is being accused of stuff.
- Alec Baldwin calls out John Oliver and Stephen Colbert for being inquisitors.
- First Music Break: Billy Squier, "Christmas Is A Time To Say I Love You"; The Kinks, "Father Christmas"
- The hysterical meltdown over the end of Net Brutality gets smacked down at length by Dirk.
- Background Info: Reason.com, "Why Net Neutrality Was Mistaken From The Beginning (AOL Edition)" and a half-hour interview with FCC Chairman Ajit Pai.
- Referenced: Ajit Pai's huge coffee mug:
- YouTube censored Ajit Pai video for political reasons, only relenting when a news site pressured them for information.
- Referenced: Prager University's suit against YouTube for censoring conservative videos.
- Second Music Break: The Waitresses, "Christmas Wrapping"; Run-DMC, "Christmas In Hollis"; Bing Crosby & David Bowie, "Little Drummer Boy (Peace On Earth)"
- The backstory of the Bing & Bowie collaboration.
- An interesting story about defunct Detroit band The Hard Lessons. The video for one of their best songs, "See and Be Seen":
- Google is re-rebranding their music and video streaming subscription scheme.
- A mini-review of The Circle.
- The 2018 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductees have been revealed and we see who had the best predictions five episodes ago.
- Third Music Break: No Doubt, "Oi To The World"; The Ramones, "Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight)"; U2, "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)"
- First trailer for Ocean's 8:
- Disney is buying Fox meaning Marvel movies could become even more awesome and Dirk has an idea to start linking things up.
- Dirk reviews mother! starring SWINN.
- Fourth Music Break: The Polish Muslims, "Yuletide Rock Opera Act I"; The Pogues feat. Kirsty MacColl, "Fairytale of New York"
- Researchers have created an AI method of film editing. The video illustrating how it works:
RocketJump's "How Star Wars Was Saved In The Edit" video:
- Our non-spoiler wrestling with our feelings over Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
- Referenced: Our shows in conjunction with Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Episode #110, "Star Wars Prime" (when we talked about seeing the original, then went to see TFA and reacted to it) and Episode #113, "Star Wars: The Country Song" (our in-depth discussion of the film).
- Referenced: "Dr. Ball, M.D." from Robot Chicken:
- Stupid IndieWire feminist drivel about The Last Jedi.
- Fifth Music Break: Cocteau Twins, "Frosty The Snowman"; The Pretenders, "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"
- Thoughts on the past year of Culture Vultures.
- RIP: Jazz singer Keely Smith (aka Mrs. Louis Prima).
- Expensive leather bags which look like trash bags.
- A 70-year-old woman made ricin at her retirement home and was testing on her neighbors.
- Portland guy who looks like Geico Caveman tried to stab someone with scissors because “his wife, Taylor Swift, “told me to kill him.”
- Drunk customer cooks own meal at Columbia, SC Waffle House.
- Texas juvenile center employee stole $1.25M in fajitas over 9 years.
- Outro Music: Band-Aid, "Do They Know It's Christmas"
TINFOIL SWAN Episode #5-164 Show Notes (exclusively for our Patreon supporters):
- Additional thanks to our supporters.
- How wrong the Trump-haters were in their dire predictions.
Patreon Shout-Out Supporters: Johnny Martinuk
Patreon Roll Call Supporters: Ron Serafin, Anguis Viridis
Post a Comment