iTunes Podcast Subscribe Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/culture-vultures-podcast/id641892049
Alternate Title: "I'll Meat Her"
- Tonight's Beverages: Sam Adams Summer Ale (Dirk), Jim Beam (Otto).
- It's our 50th show and there are presents!
- Zombie Apocalypse II show report.
- Dirk was thinking of Jim Harper, the radio DJ. (Thanks, Hermione!)
- Dirk's sad tale of photographic woe from the film camera days.
- Dirk poorly explains his philosophy of picking music.
- Tonight's music is from Buckcherry's overlooked 2nd album Time Bomb:
- "Dirk's War On Corporate Malfeasance" where the botched handling of the OnePlus One smartphone rollout - the Stockholm Syndrome thread is here - is contrasted against Microsoft botching the Xbox One's launch six months prior to the console's launch and Ubisoft's diligently anti-consumer antics.
- Jim Stirling's videos about how Ubisoft screws over PC versions of games and lies to their customers:
- Why a Polygon writer isn't buying Battlefield: Hardline at launch.
- A gift for Otto:
- Brief recap of the Google I/O and the announcement of "Android L."
- Otto's surprising reaction to X-Men: Days of Future Past and discussion.
- Dirk's review of Gone Home, the first videogame (which isn't really a videogame) review ever at DirkFlix and factoring of the ratio of play time vs. price.
- Jupiter Ascending delayed; Star Wars: Episode VII may be delayed due to Harrison Ford's injury.
- How movies need to have the balls to kill the kid or dog instead of the obvious fakeout.
- Community moves to online via Yahoo and Hieroglyph gets cancelled while still in early stages of production.
- Pacific Rim 2 is happening. This was not cleared through us.
- RIP Meschach Taylor and Paul Mazursky.
Post a Comment