iTunes Podcast Subscribe Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/culture-vultures-podcast/id641892049
Alternate Titles: "It's No Gossip Girl" or "We Throw Apples At Dorothy" or "Matthew Modine's Smug Bitch Face" or "Harrison Ford's Finger of Doom" or "The Stalker's Cologne" or "Eat A Dick, Tom Morello!" or "Tough Break, Violent J"
- Tonight's Beverages: Angry Orchard Hard Cider.
- "Free Dirk Now!" and mop-up.
- The physical edition of Gone Home.
- The new Humble 2K Bundle (deal valid until July 22). Get 3, 6, 8 or even more games for cheap.
- Discussion of the OnePlus One's amazing packaging from the phone that arrived earlier than last week's show implied. The unboxing video that goes nicely with what we talk about:
- "Nasty Ho" by Neurotic Outsiders.
- Dirk reviews Transformers: Age of Extinction.
- Compare and contrast!
- Discussion of A Cat In Paris - watch it on Amazon Prime Video here.
- Discussion of voice actor documentary I Know That Voice. Full movie below:
- "Angelina" and "Good News" by Neurotic Outsiders.
- Dirk finally saw Night of the Living Dead and shares his thoughts on it. Lengthy discussion ensues. Full movie below:
- The Dawn of the Dead: Ultimate Edition DVD set that Dirk paid about 1/10th as much for:
- The article about the dangers of Moon dust.
- Dirk runs into a couple of jerks on the Internet. Must've been a day with "day" in the name.
- Two more tracks from Neurotic Outsiders: "Jerk" and "Janie Jones."
- Otto announces a couple of events that are over by the time you read/hear this.
- Dirk finally clears his thoughts about the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction off the spindle; the lackluster Nirvana set and the appalling hypocrisy of Tom Morello.
- The Kate and Ali sketch isn't available online in video form, but here's the transcript.
- Jay Pharoh's devastating Denzel Washington impression on SNL.
- A rough clip job of Bill Hader's Stefon character:
- Odds & Ends: Brandon Routh joins the Arrow cast; J.Law's spray tan/side boob/Hermione (the Emma Watson one, not Dirk's woman) facepalm adventure...
(you're welcome); Epic Rap Battles in History: Joan of Arc vs. Miley Cyrus; Lindsay Lohan is suing over Grand Theft Auto V stealing her likeness, too bad the model is already known; ICP's lawsuit against the FBI for calling Juggalos a gang gets tossed out; dumb criminal checks his FaceSpace while he's robbing a house.
- Pig Grosse Pointer just dumped this a couple years ago: