Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Title: "Constantly Pumping & Pushing"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Ice (Dirk); Cinnamon Kentucky Ballslap (Otto).
- Cheap beer in Ohio and birthday presents for Otto.
- The free stuff given to our FaceSpace fans. Go give us a Like to get in on the goodie opportunities!
- #GamerGate Mop-Up:
- CBC reporter admits he has no interest in balance in reporting.
- From /r/KotakuInAction - "The Funeral of My Feminism"
- Milo Yiannopoulos - "The Authoritarian Left Was on Course to Win the Culture Wars... then Along Came #GamerGate"
- "GamerGate Exposed: A Peek Inside and How I Went Native"
- About the liberal political ad contest that had the rules changed when an anti-liberal entry was the overwhelming leader.
- How BuzzFeed is bashing Uber while omitting that they're backed by owners of Uber competitor Lyft.
- Otto got a new TV; Dirk got his Fire TV Stick and a new tablet.
- A digression of whether shopping at Big Food Store (aka Costco) actual saves money.
- This episode's music available here:
- The Verge's typical hysterical idiocy - "I don't care if you landed a spacecraft on a comet, your shirt is sexist and ostracizing"
- Uptight conservative reaction from Jonah Goldberg ("'Shirtgate' and Common Decency") and Rich Lowry ("Can Science Survive A Garish Shirt?")
- Julie Bindel - "Feminism is in danger of becoming toxic." (Too late! It has already!)
- Breitbart - "'Sexist' Space Shirt Sales Soar After Feminist Frenzy" and this site's similar shirt is totally sold out and the next run is likely spoken for.
- A detour into American Hustle. (DirkFlix review.)
- Rev3Games folds. (Read the comment at the 2nd link.)
- The shenanigans around the Assassin's Creed Unity review embargoes and the Middle-earth: Shadows of Mordor review contracts. (The latter is published by Warner Bros., not EA as we guessed.) One recap about the latter:
- Fun Facts: According to this Census data Excel spreadsheet the percentage of homes with a PC rose from 8.2% in 1984 to 61.8% in 2003, the last year data is available for. (Yeesh, for the money we're paying in taxes, you'd think they could've asked again in the past decade.)
- Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is now on Netflix.
- Dichen Lachman:
- Mike Nichols RIP. The Vanity Fair article about Nichols and May.
- Diane Sawyer or Katie Couric?
- The science of why Chris Hemsworth is People's Sexiest Man Alive.
- Daniel Bruhl (Nikki Lauda in Rush, which should've been called Race Through The Fire) cast in Captain America: Civil War.
- Dirk reviews Interstellar and wants Christopher Nolan's career sent to a black hole, especially after he defends the BS sound mix.
- Detroit musician (Broadzilla) and writer Rachel May downsized from the Free Press after 17 years of being an ink-stained wretch.
- Hayley Jane (hear her great appearance here) is doing a Kickstarter for her next album (thru Dec. 19, 2014) and Brian Viglione of Dresden Dolls and Violent Femmes will be playing on it. Nice!
- YouTube Music Key launches.
- Don't forget to check your fake chainsaw when flying.
- SNL's Cecily Strong to host the White House Correspondents Dinner.
- LIKE A BOSS!
- Oh, Bill Cosby. Meme fail. NPR dodging.
Post a Comment