Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Titles: "He Sneezed In His Pants" or "We Don't Need Guitars For This"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt's Ice (Dirk); cranberry juice (Otto).
- Announcements of events and new gear alert.
- FREE GAME: Syndicate from EA On-the-House.
- Downtown Brown's bassist, Ron (real name not Ron), is leaving band. They're recording a live album to be released for free, but are taking donations toward the production costs.
- Erotic Poetry Festival recap including Dena Luckett's saucy outfit:
- Mop-up of last week's show: Kelly Osbourne quits Fashion Police; the writer of The Imitation Game gets attacked for not preaching enough; the demand for quotas in Oscar nominations; and the prospect of cutting back to five Best Picture nominees.
- 1st Musical Break - Culture Bandits, "Kill City"
- Order POP O.D.: The Songs of Iggy Pop here or listen on Spotify. (We get no money from sales.)
- TV talk about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Arrow S2, Made in the Motor City (that Third Vulture Bob Koski worked on).
- How American border cities are more familiar with Canuckian music than average bears.
- Dirk never remembered what he was going to say.
- Dean Cain and Helen Slater cast in the Supergirl series.
- Dirk reviews The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1. The actual quote:
- Second Musical Break: Acoustic Terminator, "I'm Bored"
- #GAMERGATE STUFF (time index ~56:30 thru 2:18:15 - 82 mins)
- SJWs rebranded as "Culture Vultures"? Hell to the no!
- The Internet Aristocrat Archives on YouTube.
- The female gamer used as a victim prop on Nightline says she was wildly taken out of context.
- Milo Y + 1: The Hugo Wars: How Sci-Fi's Most Prestigious Awards Became a Political Battleground.
- Felicia Day's latest Supernatural appearance. This is a Reader's Digest clip job condensing some of the episode's beats; the fight referenced starts at 2:30:
- Victimhood WAS quite lucrative for the former John Flynt:
...because she's now up to 654 patrons, but only taking in $3,449/mo. Seems like a few big dollar donors walked off.
- Victimhood IS quite lucrative for Prom Queen Sarko:
- Vox's specious mean tweets piece prompts this Twitchy article.
- Joystiq folds and Milo Y dances on their grave.
- Total Biscuit smacks down Extra Credits.
- The classy folks at Gawker got Coca-Cola's Twitter bot to retweet Mein Kampf. /facepalm
- Reactions to the Law & Order: SVU GamerGate episode from Hot Air ("as bad as you'd expect"), Forbes' Erik Kain ("Reefer Madness"), Mundane Matt (video link), and the Oliver Campbell blast read on the show. Campbell's Medium piece mentioned.
- Third Music Break: Cybertrybe, "Dog Food"
- Brianna Wu's latest victimhood fundraising attempt. (Trigger warning for sane people!)
- Milo Y's "The Wacky World of Wu" expose.
- A black female gamer dumps on Wu's game.
- The clown-at-birthday-party scene referenced by Otto:
- SJWs go crazy (OK, crazier) over Wu meeting with Brad Wardell.
- Cap'n Crunch donut hole snack at Taco Bell.
- The petition begging Polygon and Kotaku to stop being jerks. Ben "Mangina" Kuchera has a snit; Boogie punts; Mundane Matt's take.
- The changes at The Escapist: Sargon's video about the changes and his interview with the new hires; Twitchy's coverage on the butthurt and Seth Rogen's hypocrisy;
- Lisa Foiles doing her countdown thing and getting iced down:
- The five-part series by Lianna Kerzner - Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - and the photo she referenced in the interview:
- Sargon's rapier takedown of some twit cheerleading Prom Queen Sarko:
- The destruction of the Jezebel and Daily Beast hit pieces on Gov. Scott Walker.
- Fourth Music Break: SPAT!, "TV Eye"
- Discussion of the final Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ex Machina trailers:
The Kara tech demo referenced. If she looks familiar, the actress (Valorie Curry) who did the performance capture was a regular on the first two seasons of The Following: Behind-the-scenes of the video:
- Leonard Nimoy RIP. Check out the 2nd video here where he explains where the Vulcan salute originated. The referenced Simpsons appearance:
- The Steam Link and Nvidia Shield Console.
- The Samsung Galaxy S6 and Edge are pretty snazzy.
- Otto's going to Dallas for Walker Stalker Con next weekend.
- Bonus Outro Music - Leonard Nimoy, "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins"
Post a Comment