Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Title: "Horton Hears A Whovian"
- Tonight's Beverages: Pepsi (Dirk); Redd's Wicked Apple Ale (Otto)
- A rare digression into sports talk about the NFL playoffs and great quarterbacks.
- Discussion of the calls for Oscar boycott, the push back from those who think it's whining, Danny DeVito's offensive imagination...
- Squirrel Alert! Dirk starts talking about The X-Files and ends up in The 100. Huh?
- ...and Ice Cube's sane take on the controversy.
- Referenced: The controversy over Joseph Fiennes cast as Michael Jackson.
- Fact Check: The movie with Cate Blanchett playing Bob Dylan was I'm Not There (not I'm Not Here as we said)
- Referenced: Lemon Demon, "The Ultimate Showdown Of Ultimate Destiny" Alternate CGI version someone did!)
- First Music Break: Nick Cicierega, "Numbers" (Samples include: Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe, Cake - Never There (bass guitar), Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number, David Bowie - Space Oddity (rearranged to spell 867-5309), No Doubt - Spiderwebs, Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters, Crazy Calls novelty "rap song" answering machine message, Kraftwerk - Numbers (numbers spoken in German faintly at very end)
- Jessica Jones S2 is happening sometime and a Punisher series is in development.
- The Netflix Super Browse extension makes finding flicks fun like the Foreign Gay & Lesbian Movies offerings. Available for Chrome and Firefox.
- Referenced: The Heroic Trio with Michelle Yeoh.
Here's the whole movie!
- Total Biscuit quits social media.
- Making A Murderer fans can now read the complete trial transcripts.
- Straight Outta Compton's Corey Hawkins (played Dr. Dre) to star in 24: Legacy, but will they have to kill off or recast his Heath on The Walking Dead?
- A possible hint as to the identity of Zoom on The Flash?
- Discussion of the start of Agent Carter S2.
- Second Music Break: Nick Cicierega, "Piss"
- Info about Whitney Frost/Madame Masque.
- Otto's report on the Heroes & Villains: Snowmaggedon Edition on Hoth.
- Referenced: Guy who skidded off cliff:
- Referenced: The Deadpool testicular cancer PSA.
- Lauren Cohan to play Bruce Wayne's mom (for 10 seconds!)
- Referenced: Batfleck brings the angst:
- The excellent Suicide Squad trailer:
- Referenced: IGN's "Even if Deadpool Flops, It’s Being Marketed Brilliantly"
- Third Music Break: Neil Cicierega, "Rollercloser"
- Dirk reviews Sisters, All Things Must Pass, and Straight Outta Compton.
- Ultra-Mini #GamerGate Mentions: Brianna Wu hates non-white guys for being white and Leigh Alexander retroactively libels a handicapped author for supporting #GamerGate.
- Star Wars News: It's making money; the official list of voice cast released; Episode IX delayed until Dec. 2017; how Marcia Lucas was the unsung influence on George Lucas, improving Star Wars and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Fact Check: She and George divorced in 1983, the year Return of the Jedi came out.)
- Referenced: The Grandma's Boy scene (NSFW!):
- Jamie Foxx saves a man from a car wreck.
- RIP Abe Vigoda and Paul Katner and Channing Tatum's goat.
- "Dewshine" kills two dumb kids.
- Darwin Awards Candidate: Man dies after crashing car while jerking off to porn. 1
- J.Law wants pita! (Referenced: Ryan Gosling Won't Eat His Cereal)
Unused Alternate Titles: "Snap It Apart Like Legos" or "From Carrie Nation To Carrie Bradshaw" or "Time Out, Louis DePalma!" or "Metal Fitbits" or "Under Kareem Abdul-Jabbar" or "Filled In With Mimes" or "400 Die-Hard Drunks" or "I Hate Wine Breath" or or "Douchey Deadpools" or "Episode X: Dinosaur Jedi"
Post a Comment