Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Titles: "Porno Movies & Dinner Theater" or "Johnnython"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Ice (Dirk); Autopilot (Otto)
- Mop-up from previous episode: Dirk's updated Blade Runner 2049 score, the odd history of Quark, what Dirk's problem with Seth MacFarlane is, the proper song title, and why Hitler should've been admitted to art school.
- The weird pricing of Don't Trust the B- in Apt. 23 at various places.
- Fact Check: The streaming service Dirk couldn't recall is Fullscreen. (Us neither.)
- The new Movies Anywhere service which allows you to watch most of your movies across services including Vudu, iTunes, Amazon and Google Play. (Get 2 or 5 movies when you link accounts.
- Pitch for our Patreon campaign and what informs this episode's musical theme.
- First Music Break: Josie Cotton, "Johnny Are You Queer?"
- Why physical media is better than streaming.
- Netflix Punisher release date announced in yet another slap at DC.
- Chelsea Handler's Netflix show cancelled.
- Victor Garber leaving DC's Legends of Tomorrow to do a revival of Hello, Dolly on Broadway.
- Referenced: Former NPR CEO Ken Stern deigned to visit the Flyover country outside his bubble and discovers Christians and Trump voters aren't what he'd assumed they'd be like. Mind. Blown.
- STD drops the F-bomb and got renewed for a 2nd season. (Not a cause and effect thing.)
- Referenced: The negative STD review Otto mentioned. (Note: Only covers the first two hours.)
- The Village Voice bashes South Park for not bashing Trump like every other show does.
- Very brief thoughts about the season premiere of The Walking Dead.
- Second Music Break: Poe, "Angry Johnny"
- The Las Vegas mass shooting and media spin about it. Lena Dunham's idiotic hot take and Jessica Chastain's tone-deaf movie plug.
- The obnoxious self-righteous hypocrisy of Jimmy Kimmel: From his secret use of Chuck Schumer-provided talking points against TrumpCare to his sobbing rants against the 2nd Amendment, rightfully torn apart by Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder (video links); continuing on to Mark Twain Awards show and he proudly states he doesn't want to talk to the other side.
- Referenced: Snowflakes to yell at the sky on anniversary of Trump election.
- The lack of ideological diversity in late-night TV illustrated in one tweet.
- Referenced: Open Secrets list of top organization contributors ranking the NRA at #92, but four public service unions in top 10.
- Brie Larson got asked for her phone number and went all Ashley Judd about it.
- >> HARVEY WEINSTEIN: SEX PREDATOR <<
- The fun begins with the NY Times revealing Harvey's been sexually harassing and raping women for decades. He blames the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy and that he's a product of old time mores and will attack the NRA.
- Reactions from Hollywood (who knew all along) were negative especially as gross stories like cornering a woman and jerking off into a plant ran.
- The Academy voted him out and the Producers Guild voted him out unanimously.
- His "How Not To Rape Women In The 21st Century" advisor, Lisa Bloom - who had a deal with Harv to have her book made into a miniseries- abruptly quit after her mother, Gloria Allred, scolded her.
- Harv's media enablers kept a lid on his shenanigans as revealed by a former NYT reporter whose 2004 expose on Harvey was spiked and Russell Crowe and Matt Damon (who initially claimed he knew nothing only to reverse weeks later) were deployed to lie to her.
- Referenced: Peter Biskind's Down and Dirty Pictures: Miramax, Sundance, and the Rise of Independent Film.
- A must-read article from The Weekly Standard, "The Human Stain."
- Third Music Break: St. Vincent, "Prince Johnny"
- Late-night comedians very slow about commenting - John Oliver was first - but when they did, pivoted to Trump-bashing.
- Scream star Rose McGowan (who was assaulted and got a $100K settlement) entered the fray.
- Kevin Smith says he's ashamed Harvey financed his early career and announces future residuals will be donated to Women In Film charity.
- Meryl Streep claims she knew nothing about it (everyone knew!), but Glenn Close admits she'd heard rumblings.
- Things leveled up when Ronan Farrow (son of
Frank Sinatra *cough*Woody Allen and Mia Farrow) investigation ran in the New Yorker, naming more Big Name victims.
- Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow made statements.
- Harvey is a huge Democrat donor and fundraiser which led to calls for Democrats to return his money (most like the Clinton Foundation didn't) and after a week, Hillary Clinton finally made an anodyne statement tsk-tsking the accusations.
- Terry Crews told of being groped at a party by another male executive. (Post-taping, the alleged groper was revealed.)
- Gretchen Mol sounded off.
- Ben Affleck says he was like Sgt. Schultz, prompting McGowan to call him a liar, and video of a drunk and handsy Affleck grabassing a TV reporter surfaced.
- Heather Graham's story and how she feels her career was harmed.
- Music writer's tweetstorm that anyone who says they didn't know was lying.
- Lindsay Lohan sides with Harvey because of course she did, saying Mrs. Harvey should stand by her man as she was actually filing for divorce.
- Jessica Chastain checks back in saying she'd heard stuff and that Hollywooders are hypocritical.
- Seth MacFarlane's Harvey dig at the 2013 Oscar nominations resurfaced and he released a statement explaining its basis.
- Also resurfacing was a clip from Jimmy Kimmel's The Man Show days asking women to grope his crotch. He sneered that "gun nuts" were taking it out of context because he hates half of America.
- Telling LiLo to hold his beer, Oliver Stone comes out in defense of Harvey which prompts stories of his own peccadilloes to emerge.
- Harvey thanked as much as God in Oscar speeches.
- TMZ obtained his employment contract allowing him to stay employed as long as he pays for his sexual harassment suits. The Federalist says if this is legit, it will sink the company.
- Sarah Polley's NYT op-ed about the sexism of the entertainment biz.
- Courtney Love says she warned about Harvey and her career suffered.
- Unfortunately, we can't find the link to the story about network execs with actress hookers.
- Screenwriter Scott Rosenberg says everyone knew. Even more details here.
- Eva Green had a scary encounter.
- Lysette Anthony says Harvey raped her.
- Lena Heady had a close encounter.
- Quentin Tarantino took two weeks to finally mumble that he knew, prompting Judd Apatow to scold him for too little, too late.
- Also getting whacked was Roy Price of Amazon Studios for harassing McGowan and Ilsa Dick and making sexist comments.
- The #MeToo hashtag prompts others to hop on the victimhood bandwagon though very few named names.
- Reese Witherspoon says she was bad-touched as a teen; SWINN related a humiliating almost-nude lineup at the hands of female producer; Molly Ringwald was leched on.
- Washington Post ran a piece saying that while Harv's a monster, he made so many good movies.
- McGowan claims Lisa Bloom offered $6 million to say Harvey had changed.
- Harvey went to sex rehab, but didn't take it seriously.
- Fact Check: Otto's story about the Weinstein brothers learning about business from their mother doesn't seem to check out. She was mostly a housewife and secretary in New York according to her obituary.
- Filmmaker James Toback is accused by over 38 actresses of misbehavior and Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn said he knew about that.
- David O. Russell is apparently handsy as well as a bully.
- Terry Richardson is now too pervy for some publishers.
- Dirk wraps things up serving notice to the self-anointed elites that they do not get to lecture the "deplorables" about ANYTHING when they have decades of complicity and silence in crimes and abuse.
- Fourth Music Break: X, "Johnny Hit and Run Pauline"
- Ron Howard announces the title of the Han Solo film: Solo.
- Movie trailers for Black Panther:
X-Men: The New Mutants:
How To Talk To Girls At Parties:
Hulu (gag) series Future Man:
- How Spider-Man Homecoming Should Have Ended:
- Referenced: The Blade Runner dub:
- Dirk reviews Collide.
- Select original Xbox titles are now backwards-compatible on Xbox One.
- 10th anniversary of The Orange Box reminds Dirk he's still waiting for Half-Life 2: Episode Three.
- The skin color slider in South Park: The Fractured, But Whole doesn't have an effect on gameplay as previously hoped and SJWs are mad about it because of course they are.
- RIP: Robert Guillaume; Scott Putesky (bka Daisy Berkowitz of Marilyn Manson).
- A statue of Anton Yelchin, co-designed by Greg Nicotero, was dedicated at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
- The last Wonderland Music store is closing. Their ads were staples on Detroit television in the Eighties:
- Hackers are hacking wireless butt plugs.
- Cleveland Browns left tackle Joe Thomas' unbroken streak of 10,363 snaps over 11 seasons ends after an injury.
- Why the KFC Twitter account only follows 11 people.
Patreon Shout-Out Supporters: Johnny Martinuk
Patreon Roll Call Supporters: Ron Serafin, Anguis Viridis
Post a Comment