Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Title: "Dying For Several Days"
- Tonight's Beverages: Zywiec (Dirk); Booze (Otto)
- Otto's birthday means he gets a present!
- Intro whatnot and free stuff our FaceSpace Likers and Twitter followers have been tipped to.
- Mop-Up: The day after taping, Louis CK admitted all charges were true, had FX end their deal with hin for his five series, lost his 2nd Netflix special, got booted from The Secret Life of Pets 2, had one of his closest collaborators, Pamela Adlon, in shock, and lost his management and publicist.
- Rose McGowan charged with felony cocaine possession.
- Recaps of last weekend's Konrad Lee and Game Over! shows. Otto's outfit:
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi has its run time.
- Movie trailers for Rampage (based on this video game?):
Deadpool 2 teaser:
- Referenced: Tragedy Girls, starring Storm and Negasonic Teenage Warhead:
- Dirk's spoiler-free review of Justice League.
- The DP hopes for a director's cut.
- Referenced: The Scriptnotes interview with Mission: Impossible 6 director Christopher McQuarrie about how tentpole movies are "written."
- Dirk's turnaround on St. Vincent's MASSEDUCTION album.
- First Music Break: St. Vincent, "Pills"
- Conspiracy theories about Rotten Tomatoes hiding scores for WB movies.
- Full spoiler babbling about Thor: Ragnarok.
- Fact Check: The nicknames for the M-16s Skurge had were "Des" and "Troy."
- Referenced: Adam Savage's Tested channel and Hela's Headdress, the Blade Runner 2049 water tank, and ScarJo's Ghost in the Shell bodysuit.
- Valkyrie was supposed to be overtly bisexual.
- Referenced: Wisecrack's videos about Thor: Ragnarok and South Park.
- Matt Damon's secret cameo.
- Second Music Break: St.Vincent, "Masseduction"
- Dirk's disappointed review of St. Vincent live. The entire show is below:
- Amazon announces they're making a Lord of the Rings series and may be working on a freemium service.
- A 2D animated Big Hero 6 series has started on Disney XD.
- Dirk's review of the first half of the first season of Star Trek Discovery and American Horror Story: Cult. (Fact Check: Lena Dunham was playing Valeria Solanas, who shot Warhol.)
- Otto reviews Netflix's Marvel The Punisher debut season. Otto likes Amber Rose Revah here:
- We both discuss in very light spoiler detail Stranger Things 2.
- Third Music Break: St.Vincent, "Young Lover"
- This episode's sex shens roundup leads off with Al Franken's grabby antics (not that 36 former SNL women care to condemn, which made feminists angry) and Detroit Rep. John Conyers.
- Jeffrey Tambor quits Transparent after allegations turn the workplace toxic.
- Mr. Sulu, George Takei, "joked" about grabbing reluctant men by the crotch.
- Richard Dreyfuss accused, but he claims it's retaliation for his son accusing Kevin Spacey.
- David Guillod (agent and producer of Atomic Blonde) accused by Jessica Barth (Tami-Lynn from Ted movies) of drugging and sexually assaulting her, joined by several others.
- Mad Men creator, Matthew Weiner, accused of sexual harassment.
- The Flash showrunner Andrew Kreisberg suspended for sex harassment.
- DC Group Editor Eddie Berganza did guess what?
- Pixar boss John Lasseter takes six-month leave of absence over accusations, including that harassed Rashida Jones when she was co-writing Toy Story 4, which she denies happened.
- Melissa Gilbert says Oliver Stone put her through a humiliating audition because he was mad at her TV fame.
- Brett Ratner has Olivia Munn demanding Warner Bros. cut ties with his RatPac production/financing company and Ellen Page wrote about how he outed her on the set of X-Men: The Last Stand.
- Russell Simmons (co-founder of Def Jam Records) allegedly raped a singer while Ratner watched and also emailed Terry Crews to give the agent who groped him a pass.
- Veteran newsman Charlie Rose was accused by 8 women of harassment and was fired from all his gigs within a day and (post-taping) stripped of an award from the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism.
- Lena Dunham defended a male staff writer-producer of Girls, promptly got thrashed by her snowflake fans, then backpedaled hard, prompting a black woman writer to quit her Lenny Letter site and call Dunham a racist.
- Radical feminist (yes, redundant) calls for innocent men to be sacrificed to take down the mythical patriarchy, then claims she's being misinterpreted.
- Harvey Weinstein had a hit list of nearly 100 people he wanted investigated.
- RIP: Gossip columnist Liz Smith; AC/DC guitarist Malcolm Young; ; actress/singer Della Reese; Mel Tillis; Charles Manson (pop Hell +1); and confirmed about 10 minutes after we'd finished recording, David Cassidy.
- The Weather Channel's coverage of the Georgia Dome being imploded was photobombed by a bus.
- Melissa Benoist's cute Minecraft commercial:
- Tom Cruise's weird scream from The Mummy dubbed over everything:
Patreon Shout-Out Supporters: Johnny Martinuk
Patreon Roll Call Supporters: Ron Serafin, Anguis Viridis