Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Confused about some references? Check the Culture Vultures Lexicon and get up to speed.
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Title: "Katy Perry Is The New Paula Abdul"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Ice (Dirk); Autopilot (Otto)
- Opening greetings and an immediate digression into sports as the Detroit Tigers got completely robbed on Opening Day.
- Mop-up from recent episodes.
- Referenced: Molly Ringwald on Riverdale:
- The buyer of the most expensive record ever - which was discussed on Episode #169 "Clear Glass Hottie Robot" - was revealed to be Jack White, who paid $70,000 for it and will be reissuing it on his Third Man Records label.
- Slightly sacrilegious t-shirts for Good Friday.
- On the new American Idol, Katy Perry kissed a boy and he didn't like it, raising questions about the double standards of #MeToo, culminating in Leftist self-flagellation over woke sistah's antics.
- Amazon is developing a series based on A League of Their Own.
- Fact Check: The All-American Girls Professional Baseball League ran for 12 seasons, though only the first two were under the Philip Wrigley-owned stewardship, so Otto was sorta half-right.
- Dirk reviews the pilot for SyFy's Krypton.
- Producers are writing Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season finale as if it's a series-ender and Dirk is cool with it ending.
- Dirk reviews Altered Carbon.
- First Music Break: Kool & the Gang vs. Van Halen, "Celebrate with the Devil" (Bill McClintock mashup)
- The New Mutants X-Men movie has been pushed back until August 2019 in order to reshoot most of it to make it more of a straight horror movie.
- Recap of free stuff our FaceSpace Likers were hipped to plus a giveaway for listeners!
- Honest Trailers had a couple of good ones:
- Dirk has re-edited Star Wars: The Last Jedi, cutting 33 minutes out. If you'd like to see it, drop us a line and we'll send you a link.
- Referenced: The source of Dirk's iconic catchphrase.
- Medium: How Kathleen Kennedy has Turned #Lucasfilm into a Naked Mole Rat Colony.
- Otto reviews Pacific Rim Uprising.
- Dirk reviews Wind River and fixes Atomic Blonde.
- We spoiler-free review and discuss Ready Player One and there's another giveaway.
- Sean Penn wrote a book so terrible that HuffPoo dragged it, but prompted a hilarious Twitter thread suggesting what the pre-thesaurus version was like.
- RIP: Toys R Us and Claire's.
- Photobombing Level: GODLIKE as a Chinese couple discover they were in each other's photos 11 years before they'd met.
Patreon Shout-Out Supporters: Johnny Martinuk, Anguis Viridis,
Patreon Roll Call Supporters: Ron Serafin