Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • email: CVRadio313@gmail.com
Confused about some references? Check the Culture Vultures Lexicon and get up to speed.
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Titles: "YourSaladEmoji.com" or "Pizza & Full Swallow"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Ice (Dirk); Autopilot (Otto)
- Intro boiler plate and stuff for our FaceSpace Likers.
- We are on Spotify now!
- Mop-up from last episode.
- Sesame Street loses their suit against The Happytime Murders.
- Latest crazy mashup comic: Black Lightning/Hong Kong Phooey.
- Referenced: Dirk's Jessica Alba wallpaper that distracted Otto:
- Krypton renewed for a second season we won't be watching either.
- Amazon steps in to rescue The Expanse.
- Damon Lindeloff is doing a Watchmen series for HBO and proclaims his wokeness and SJW cred in an open letter.
- Google removes egg from salad emoji so as to not trigger vegan snowflakes.
- Dirk reviews Silicon Valley S5, Santa Clarita Diet S2, Riverdale S2, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S5. Otto reviews Legends of Tomorrow.
- Keiynan Lonsdale (Kid Flash) is leaving The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow as a regular.
- First Music Break: Fugazi, "Waiting Room"
- Presentation of Dirk's birthday presents:
- Referenced: This month's SI swimbo calendar babe, Hannah Jeter:
- Apple announces they will be FINALLY supporting Atmos audio on the Apple TV 4K.
- The good concept of Movies Anywhere is failing in its execution.
- The best resource for what movies are in 4K and what codes work: www.4Ksheet.com.
- Redbox is testing rentals of 4K UHD discs in six cities.
- Disney keeps suing Redbox about selling digital codes from packages.
- Doctor Strange star Bernadette Cummerbund says he won't take roles unless female co-stars are paid the same.
- Emilia Clarke says she got paid equally for Game of Thrones.
- Evangeline Lilly tells of being injured from a cruel stunt coordinator on Lost.
- Transformers 7 pulled from the Paramount release schedule. World keeps turning.
- Jason Momoa and the director quit The Crow reboot.
- Denis Villeneuve says his Dune film will be two parts.
- James Mangold to write and direct the Boba Fett movie.
- Dirk reviews the new Tomb Raider movie, Red Sparrow, Thoroughbreds, and the Death Wish remake.
- Second Music Break: Fugazi, "Bad Mouth"
- We have our full-spoiler discussion of Solo: A Star Wars Story.
- Third Music Break: Fugazi, "Provisional"
- The disappointing box office for Solo and large contingent of haters and rabble-rousers profiting on YouTube is talked about extensively.
- Referenced: The video on how bathos wrecked The Last Jedi:
- Fact Check: Here's a history of Kathleen Kennedy's rapid rise in the movie busy. No mention of filing grievances; just a lot of hustle.
- Referenced: The Screen Junkies discussion about Kelly Marie Tran's being run off of Instagram and Roth Cornett and others talking about the BS they've endured.
- Fact Check: The short story Otto was trying to think of was Ray Bradbury's All Summer In A Day which was made into a short film for TV and someone did an audio version that's about 15 minutes long:
- Referenced: The Wrap cheering Rian Johnson and Mark Hamill attacking Star Wars fans.
- Referenced: Movie Bob's well-balanced take on Solo's box office disappointment:
- Referenced: Lessons From The Screenplay's video discussing character arcs (and lack of) in Star Wars: The Last Jedi:
- RIP: Jon Bain, aka Total Biscuit/Cynical Brit; Alan Bean, 4th man on Moon; Jerry Maren, last surviving Munchkin, one of the Lollipop Guild; Fashion designer Kate Spade.
Patreon Shout-Out Supporters: Johnny Martinuk, Anguis Viridis,
Patreon Roll Call Supporters: Ron Serafin
Post a Comment