Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • email: CVRadio313@gmail.com
Confused about some references? Check the Culture Vultures Lexicon and get up to speed.
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Title: "Spider Trash Panda"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Ice (Dirk); Autopilot (Otto)
- Intro boiler plate and freebies for our FaceSpace Likers.
- The Screen Rant Pitch Meeting series which we've been quoting from liberally in the past couple of shows:
- Listener feedback and preview of next episode.
- Dirk's birthday recap and trip to the Star Wars and the Power of Costume exhibit culminating with this:
- Mop-up from previous episode.
- Vince Vaughn busted for DUI.
- Harvey Weinstein charged with rape.
- Morgan Freeman accused of rude comments. He punched back, but after taping we discovered his legal team had bailed.
- Moses Farrow defends Woody Allen from the false accusations of child molestation.
- Nerdist founder Chris Hardwick accused of abusing ex-girlfriend Chloe Dykstra. The site and its writers disavowed him, but the majority of comments (an example of) seem to find this suspicious.
- First Music Break: Fugazi, "Lockdown"
- Star Trek Discovery has a new showrunner. The referenced deleted scene which should inform the next season:
- Leslie Jones wants SNL to be less reliant on tired political humor.
- Dirk reviews Fleabag S1. Here's the trailer which makes it seem more about the boyfriends then it is:
- A ton of movie trailers starting with the latest A Star Is Born:
White Boy Rick:
Fact Check: It was filmed in Cleveland because they pay 30% in corporate welfare for Hollywood with just a day of shooting in Detroit because we don't.
Ralph Breaks The Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2
The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part:
Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse
The Girl in the Spider's Web:
Tim Burton's Dumbo:
- Referenced: Dirk's Zero Woman: Red Handcuffs DVD review.
- Second Music Break: The Pretenders, "Night In My Veins" (from 1994, not 1997)
- Comcast is crashing the Disney-Fox deal and nerds are getting worried.
- Dirk reviews Ocean's 8.
- Marvel Studios pimp daddy Kevin Feige says Captain Marvel will be the face of the MCU in Phase 4.
- Captain Marvel star Brie Larson launches an unfortunate new culture war (according to Mundane Matt) with her comments against white male movie critics.
- Mindy Kaling blames white male critics for harming Ocean's 8 pretty good RT score and it's #1 box office take.
- Otto talks about buying a mattress pad.
- Thanks to our Shout-Out Level Patreon supporters.
- RIP: Anthony Bourdain.
- A raccoon climbed a 23-story office building in Minneapolis.
Patreon Shout-Out Supporters: Johnny Martinuk, Anguis Viridis,
Patreon Roll Call Supporters: Ron Serafin