iTunes Podcast Subscribe Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/culture-vultures-podcast/id641892049
RSS feed: http://culturevultures.podomatic.com/rss2.xml
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • E-mail : CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Titles: "Set Controls For the Heart of the...Whoops!" or "Beer: Making Men Brave Since Forever"
- We were self-engineering the show so if you can hear anything, you're welcome.
- Tonight's adult beverage: Third Shift beer.
- Our anticipation for Iron Man 3- which we were going to check out after the show - and the controversy about the special Chinese edition kicks things off.
- McHatin's aversion to watching the TV version of Game of Thrones is revisited and we discuss the past couple of episodes. The odd modesty of Gwendoline Christie - who looks like this off and on the clock....
...steers us into a discussion of the looks of women in Sweden and Italy.
- If Game Of Thrones took place entirely on Facebook: Season 3, Episode 5.
- Oh, hey...Iron Man 3 discussion. The demands for a Chinese actor to play the Mandarin leads to a discussion of how superhero movies are cast and a history lesson for how the first Iron Man movie was cast.
- Music from Cibo Matto and Handsome Boy's Modeling School.
- Proper movie theater etiquette and a comparison of 2nd-run movie houses.
- Mila Kunis being named FHM's Sexiest Woman leads seamlessly to the death of one of the Kriss Kross guys (no, it didn't cause it!) and how he should be buried and a unique burial method McHatin say online.
- Spec Ops: The Line and how games have DLC and tacked-on multi-player leads to a long digression about modern shooter games.
- An interview with a couple putting on a zombie-themed charity event and a sound thrashing of Andrea of the Walking Dead.
- Dirk's lukewarm opinion of G.I. Joe: Retaliation prompts waaaaay too much blather.
- Chris Smith calls in to join the nerdery. (It would've helped if he'd seen what we're talking about.)
- The awesome Pacific Rim trailer...
...leads into a discussion of Guillermo Del Toro's career and whether Pan's Labyrinth was misleadingly advertised.
- Dirk starts explaining why people should watch Orphan Black but this will have to be finished next week because he managed to steer off the road and never made it back. Sigh...
- TV shows that make mid-season course corrections like this season's Supernatural.
- McHatin's heresy against Star Trek is cause for consternation.
- The Blu-ray set referenced in the discussion of The Player:
- The date of Ice Cube's "good day" was determined to be January 20, 1992 according to this.
if anyone wanted to know Who Tigra and Bunny are. ( one hit wonders )ReplyDelete